In every way possible, PS4 is the best console of all time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:
@AzatiS said:

The most misinformed consumerism ever happened was with Wii ... Most people bought it , had fun with it for a while ... then Dust collection started ... hell , even the die hard fans had it as dust collector on some point.

Proof?

I have solid data of steady Wii million sellers, overall highest software sales and game attach rates simillar to PS360. But please bring forward the data that backs up your comment so we can compare.

I dont need proof , it did happen ! Even here in Gamespot there were numerous topics from Wii fans themselfs that were claiming Wii was collecting dust ... Go search yourself. I never talked out of my butt nor i ever will.... And i never forget what people said or saying ...

Wii was a dust collector when PS3/X360 was providing game after game after game till few months before PS4/X1 gets a release. Wii was in serious life support years before Wii U gets a release. Go check yourself what Wii offered its last 2-3 years before Wii U release then check the competition.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302  Edited By AzatiS

@slim70 said:

#

@AzatiS said:
@XboxStache said:

PS4 has a long way to go in order to dethrone the SNES, PS2, or the Xbox 360.

In the long run, it's gonna sell a ton of consoles because of misinformed consumerism.

X360 ? Is that a joke ?

The most misinformed consumerism ever happened was with Wii ... Most people bought it , had fun with it for a while ... then Dust collection started ... hell , even the die hard fans had it as dust collector on some point.

Anyways , to put X360 next to SNES let alone PS2 is funny ... when X360 after almost a decade managed to sell 80M consoles more or less and had as bad/good overall library as PS3 had ... Lem detected i guess !

The 360 had a ton of third party support and more games overall than the PS3 and even the PS2. Someone posted a link here in SW about that not too long ago (about 360 having more games than PS2) wish I could find it. Anyway, I find it ironic that you call someone out for being a lem when you post like a fat cow. You seem to have much disdain for the Xbox 360, I mean, how dare anyone mention the Xbox 360 in the same sentence as the mighty SNES or PS2 right? smh. The 360 was a great system regardless stop hating.

Rofl ... If you comparing X360 with PS2 or SNES then you have problems in your head !

X360 sold as poorly as PS3 did with a whole year more in the market and the last 2 years it didnt offer anything alike PS3 did with titles like TLOU.

X360 had more games than PS2 ( havent checked but lets say you are right ) but 90% of them were on PS3 unlike PS2 that had myriads of massive exclusives/time exclusives vs competition at the time PLUS x2 X360s total sales when X360 had x2 the time for the next-gen transition than PS2 as well !

Also X360 AAA titles Vs PS3 ended up by metacritic at 54 vs 52 ! You calling that a win EVEN vs the Sonys epic fail , PS3 that is ?

I mean you comparing 2 of the best consoles ( PS2/SNES) ever to 1 decent one ... Wake up ! X360 cant even think to go near PS2 by any logic !

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:

#

@AzatiS said:
@XboxStache said:

In the long run, it's gonna sell a ton of consoles because of misinformed consumerism.

X360 ? Is that a joke ?

Anyways , to put X360 next to SNES let alone PS2 is funny ... when X360 after almost a decade managed to sell 80M consoles more or less and had as bad/good overall library as PS3 had ... Lem detected i guess !

The 360 had a ton of third party support and more games overall than the PS3 and even the PS2. Someone posted a link here in SW about that not too long ago (about 360 having more games than PS2) wish I could find it. Anyway, I find it ironic that you call someone out for being a lem when you post like a fat cow. You seem to have much disdain for the Xbox 360, I mean, how dare anyone mention the Xbox 360 in the same sentence as the mighty SNES or PS2 right? smh. The 360 was a great system regardless stop hating.

Rofl ... If you comparing X360 with PS2 or SNES then you have problems in your head !

X360 sold as poorly as PS3 did with a whole year more in the market and the last 2 years it didnt offer anything alike PS3 did with titles like TLOU.

X360 had more games than PS2 ( havent checked but lets say you are right ) but 90% of them were on PS3 unlike PS2 that had myriads of massive exclusives/time exclusives vs competition at the time PLUS x2 X360s total sales when X360 had x2 the time for the next-gen transition than PS2 as well !

Also X360 AAA titles Vs PS3 ended up by metacritic at 54 vs 52 ! You calling that a win EVEN vs the Sonys epic fail , PS3 that is ?

I mean you comparing 2 of the best consoles ( PS2/SNES) ever to 1 decent one ... Wake up ! X360 cant even think to go near PS2 by any logic !

I'm not talking about sales numbers I'm talking about games because that's what matters most to me. The 360 had a great library of games that's all I wanted to make clear because haters seem determined to downplay anything Xbox at every opportunity.

As for the PS2 being the holy grail of console gaming that's just fanboy hyperbole. Think about it, the only thing that elevates it up to that status in your mind is sales and that's pretty much your whole argument there. What did the PS2 do beyond any other console up to present to deserve so much praise and worship? Nothing. The 360 had just as many if not more exclusive games and better online by a country fucking mile while the PS3 completely killed both systems in features. Your enthusiasm for the PS2 is overkill. Btw, the PS2 lost mostly all of it's big gun third party exclusives later on to the 360 and the PS3.

*edit* the PS2 also had an 18 month head start on the Xbox and GameCube, was the next best thing and had zero competition so everyone jumped at it.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Sure. sounds good.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 AzatiS

@slim70 said:
@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:

#

@AzatiS said:
@XboxStache said:

X360 ? Is that a joke ?

I'm not talking about sales numbers I'm talking about games because that's what matters most to me. The 360 had a great library of games that's all I wanted to make clear because haters seem determined to downplay anything Xbox at every opportunity.

As for the PS2 being the holy grail of console gaming that's just fanboy hyperbole. Think about it, the only thing that elevates it up to that status in your mind is sales and that's pretty much your whole argument there. What did the PS2 do beyond any other console up to present to deserve so much praise and worship? Nothing. The 360 had just as many if not more exclusive games and better online by a country fucking mile while the PS3 completely killed both systems in features. Your enthusiasm for the PS2 is overkill. Btw, the PS2 lost mostly all of it's big gun third party exclusives to the 360 and the PS3.

*edit* the PS2 also had an 18 month head start on the Xbox and GameCube, was the next best thing and had zero competition so everyone jumped at it.

What games ... Do you understand that you comparing a console with a lifespan of 5 years with one of 8 to 9 years ?!! By that logic X360 is the best console ever existed because it had more games than SNES and PS2 !

PS2 is the holy grail and numbers proving that. Hardware , software , hardware and software sales , amount of games , amount of exclusives/time exclusives , great support even in next-gen ( something X360 could only dream of ) , best variety and quantity when it comes to exclusives/time exclusives unlike any other console ..

And here you are ,talking about X360 being better or on par with PS2 !! That my friend is the fanboy hyperbole you were talking about... that statement right there.

SNES / PS2 were behemoths on their era ... X360 was just a decent console with bad sales considering how long it was in the market , struggled for second place vs a problematic product like ps3 , provided nothing technological advanced or breakthrough like PS2 did for example , hardware wasnt reliable with rrod occur left and right ... i mean wth we are even talking about ... i find it funny to even have to explain !

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#306 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

The 360's failure rate disqualifies it from ever being a legendary system.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By slim70

@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:
@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:

#

@AzatiS said:
@XboxStache said:

X360 ? Is that a joke ?

As for the PS2 being the holy grail of console gaming that's just fanboy hyperbole. Think about it, the only thing that elevates it up to that status in your mind is sales and that's pretty much your whole argument there. What did the PS2 do beyond any other console up to present to deserve so much praise and worship? Nothing. The 360 had just as many if not more exclusive games and better online by a country fucking mile while the PS3 completely killed both systems in features. Your enthusiasm for the PS2 is overkill. Btw, the PS2 lost mostly all of it's big gun third party exclusives to the 360 and the PS3.

What games ... Do you understand that you comparing a console with a lifespan of 5 years with one of 8 to 9 years ?!! By that logic X360 is the best console ever existed because it had more games than SNES and PS2 !

PS2 is the holy grail and numbers proving that. Hardware , software , hardware and software sales , amount of games , amount of exclusives/time exclusives , great support even in next-gen ( something X360 could only dream of ) , best variety and quantity when it comes to exclusives/time exclusives unlike any other console ..

And here you are ,talking about X360 being better or on par with PS2 !! That my friend is the fanboy hyperbole you were talking about... that statement right there.

SNES / PS2 were behemoths on their era ... X360 was just a decent console with bad sales considering how long it was in the market , struggled for second place vs a problematic product like ps3 , provided nothing technological advanced or breakthrough like PS2 did for example , hardware wasnt reliable with rrod occur left and right ... i mean wth we are even talking about ... i find it funny to even have to explain !

OMG! You're just a fucking fanboy meathead with tunnel vision talking a bunch of shit. This is only going to go in circles it doesn't matter what anyone says.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@AzatiS said:

I dont need proof , it did happen ! Even here in Gamespot there were numerous topics from Wii fans(...)

Gamespot topics? Whoa... I have no choice but to admit defeat

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:
@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:

#

@AzatiS said:
@XboxStache said:

X360 ? Is that a joke ?

You couldn't be any more bias; seriously.

Allow me to educate you-

The SNES was successful because of Mode 7, better sound, better controller, a firm grasp on third party and quality exclusives. The PS2 was successful because of the Sony hype train, DVD, quality exclusives (socom, ratchet and clank, Jak and daxter, Socom, Mark of Kri, Genji etc), and a firm grasp on third party, not to forget all the obscure and exclusive third party it had. The Xbox 360 was successful because of Online gaming, Summer Arcade deals, an ergonomic controller, quality exclusives (Forza, Halo, Gears, Blue Dragon, Ninety Nine Nights, Alan Wake, Viva Pinata, etc etc), the achievements system, a strong grasp on third party and not to forget the ridiculous amount of Indies, Arcade titles and third party that are exclusive to it.

Compare that with the Wii, which had quality exclusives, but tons of shovelware; and the PS3 that had quality exclusives (like Uncharted, GOW, MGS4, Resistance 1), but a shitty XMB, lack of apps in the beginning of it's run,a terrible controller (what were they thinking with the R2/L2 triggers and the cheap feel of the DS3?) and the Cell processor aka "if you take the time to learn the architecture of this console, it will yield incredible results in graphics like Killzone 3, UC2 and GOW3 or GT5.

So yes, the 360 more than rightfully deserves it's place amongst SNES, PS2 and the great innovative consoles. Behave yourself.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#310 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@slim70 said:
@Krelian-co said:

Graphic representation of this gen.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Krelian-co

@XboxStache said:
@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:
@AzatiS said:
@slim70 said:

#

@AzatiS said:
@XboxStache said:

X360 ? Is that a joke ?

So yes, the 360 more than rightfully deserves it's place amongst SNES, PS2 and the great innovative consoles. Behave yourself.

Again, this clown called xboxstache calling others biased rofl, irony is strong with you. Also loled at the 360 part, keep dreaming my dear lem.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By slim70
@Krelian-co said:
@slim70 said:
@Krelian-co said:

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Krelian-co

@slim70 said:
@Krelian-co said:
@slim70 said:
@Krelian-co said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

@slim70 said:
@Krelian-co said:
@slim70 said:
@Krelian-co said:

Yay, I'm so glad I clicked this thread and scrolled all the way down. For childish posters that think they can win a debate with gifs.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By slim70

@twizded said:
@slim70 said:
@Krelian-co said:
@slim70 said:
@Krelian-co said:

Yay, I'm so glad I clicked this thread and scrolled all the way down. For childish posters that think they can win a debate with gifs.

Ah ok. You're here posting in System Wars, a place where fanboys argue about which piece of plastic is better and you have the audacity to label other people as childish? **** off hypocrite. You're no better than anyone else here dickhole.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 AzatiS

@Thunderdrone said:
@AzatiS said:

I dont need proof , it did happen ! Even here in Gamespot there were numerous topics from Wii fans(...)

Yeah , only fanboyistic topics matters ... how good Zelda is , how mario is the best platform ever .... But when some genuine folk dislike a nasty situation ( when the winner of a generation ( wii ) lacks games towards competition and forcing their 100M fans to something else , something never ever happened before in any generation i can remember ) ... then is gamespot , who cares !!

The funny thing is you know exactly what i mean .... but you insist to troll

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By AzatiS

@XboxStache said:
@AzatiS said:

Allow me to educate you-

The SNES was successful because of Mode 7, better sound, better controller, a firm grasp on third party and quality exclusives. The PS2 was successful because of the Sony hype train, DVD, quality exclusives (socom, ratchet and clank, Jak and daxter, Socom, Mark of Kri, Genji etc), and a firm grasp on third party, not to forget all the obscure and exclusive third party it had. The Xbox 360 was successful because of Online gaming, Summer Arcade deals, an ergonomic controller, quality exclusives (Forza, Halo, Gears, Blue Dragon, Ninety Nine Nights, Alan Wake, Viva Pinata, etc etc), the achievements system, a strong grasp on third party and not to forget the ridiculous amount of Indies, Arcade titles and third party that are exclusive to it.

Compare that with the Wii, which had quality exclusives, but tons of shovelware; and the PS3 that had quality exclusives (like Uncharted, GOW, MGS4, Resistance 1), but a shitty XMB, lack of apps in the beginning of it's run,a terrible controller (what were they thinking with the R2/L2 triggers and the cheap feel of the DS3?) and the Cell processor aka "if you take the time to learn the architecture of this console, it will yield incredible results in graphics like Killzone 3, UC2 and GOW3 or GT5.

Really now ? Wtf you talking about .. Go give your Xboxmustache a cut !! X360 was nothing more than a decent try from MS , nothing more nothing less.

It barely won a pathetic overpriced product ( PS3) while it had a whole year more in the market and at the same time it had all the momentum it could get by stealing MASSIVE previously exclusive playstation games that defined the whole brand name ... Tekken , Final Fantasy etc . Add the nasty situation PS3 was at the time of its release while SONY being in a multibillion yearly constantly loss ...

Still , it didnt manage to win the second place ... Even if it did ( some say it did some say no ) was by a so small margin which makes the it even more pathetic to triumph about it. Its the freaking second place and other than that it was by a small margin from a company that was ( still is ) on the verge of bankruptcy while product itself had myriads of problems ( Architecture , RAM , Price etc etc ).

Total X360 AAA games by Metacritic : 54

Total PS3 AAA games by Metacritic : 52

X360 was as much FAIL/SUCCESS as PS3. In total AAA games , total hardware sales etc you name it. To call X360 a success and PS3 a failure let alone X360 equal or better to PS2/SNES .. I mean , its a comedy ! And here you are telling me to behave when you are the guys that calling X360 equal to PS2/SNES .. Guys , stop trolling and if you arent ...go educate yourselfs because the first thing it comes in my mind is that you must be youngsters and you started gaming with Xbox or something.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@Thunderdrone said:
@AzatiS said:

Yeah , only fanboyistic topics matters ... how good Zelda is , how mario is the best platform ever .... But when some genuine folk dislike a nasty situation ( when the winner of a generation ( wii ) lacks games towards competition and forcing their 100M fans to something else , something never ever happened before in any generation i can remember ) ... then is gamespot , who cares !!

You claim Wiis were bought, played for a while and largely left collecting dust by most. I'm saying I have DATA, NUMBERS saying Wii had consistent million sellers, a high attach rate and overall software sales that contradict your fad claims.

Your proof? Gamespot threads. Anecdotal evidence on a fucking discussion board...

The Wii being the Wii Sports machine that quickly went to the closet is an "urban myth". A made up internet factoid by cynical, lazy console warriors and parroted by even lazier forum scrubs.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By XboxStache

@AzatiS: I'm going to go with my gut feeling on this and say that you don't believe a single word you say.

When exactly did I call the PS3 a failure? I said the 360 belongs in the same sentence as the PS2 and SNES (which I still own mind you), you already failed at not knowing the exact difference in sheer number of available games for the 360 (even the forgotten exclusives like Dark, The Outfit, Frontlines- Fuel of war etc), but you're now insinuating that PS3 had everything going for it at launch; which is untrue. I remember Netflix CD's, do you? I still have those cheap, lightweight DS3's that felt vastly inferior to the PS2's controller, do you? Next, you're gonna tell me the controller or the direction Sony went was a step up from the PS2, right? Because it wasn't. Sony went from absolute masterpieces like Jak and Daxter, Genji, Bujinkai- Forsaken City, Mark of Kri, Rise to Honor, all the Namco beat em ups (do you remember Urban Reign? I do. Still own it as well) to ruining franchises like Socom (socom 4 was dreadful), an over abundance of Ratchet and Clank, little love for Sly cooper, Remasters, and flops like Lair, Haze (remember, Haze was gonna be the Halo killer? Wasn't the same said about Killzone? lol)...and in the long run, the PS3 will be remembered for quality exclusives like Heavy Rain, MGS4, TLOU, Uncharted, Resistance 1 (the only good one in the trilogy) and a few other sprinkles. For cripes sake, Siren was butchered on the PS3...but these are facts you're willing to deny.

What did Microsoft do? Improved Halo. Gears. Improved Forza, Improved the controller, Improved the UI, introduced an actual marketplace and apps, improved their online infrastructure, and got third party in a tight headlock alongside exclusives. The whole Indie craze PS4 owners are going nuts about happened on my 360 years ago...in fact, I can go right to the Indies section right now and browse THOUSANDS of Indie games. What exactly is decent about any of that? If you're bias, that's one thing, but when you lie, it's not fact. Behave yourself.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@twizded said:

You really have to blame the company that used poor thermal paste for that and not the 360. The PS1 and 2 had some hardware problems too early in their first years on the market. I guess that disqualifies them too.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By AzatiS

@Thunderdrone said:
@AzatiS said:
@Thunderdrone said:
@AzatiS said:

You claim Wiis were bought, played for a while and largely left collecting dust by most. I'm saying I have DATA, NUMBERS saying Wii had consistent million sellers, a high attach rate and overall software sales that contradict your fad claims.

Your proof? Gamespot threads. Anecdotal evidence on a fucking discussion board...

The Wii being the Wii Sports machine that quickly went to the closet is an "urban myth". A made up internet factoid by cynical, lazy console warriors and parroted by even lazier forum scrubs.

Listen ... After you finished Zelda and/or Xeno and even while you were waiting for them in between tell me what did you play on your Wii its last 2 - 3 years. Name me some games you personally played ...

Because i think you are one of the hypocrites that were playing way more on other platforms than Wii simply because Wii was in some corner waiting for a game like Zelda to get a release. I strongly beleive you are one of them. Prove me wrong , what games did you play the last 2-3 years of Wiis life which was in undeniably life support . Go google some lists because i bet you cant even recall ... And thats the sad part.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By AzatiS

@XboxStache said:

@AzatiS: I'm going to go with my gut feeling on this and say that you don't believe a single word you say.

When exactly did I call the PS3 a failure? I said the 360 belongs in the same sentence as the PS2 and SNES (which I still own mind you), you already failed at not knowing the exact difference in sheer number of available games for the 360 (even the forgotten exclusives like Dark, The Outfit, Frontlines- Fuel of war etc), but you're now insinuating that PS3 had everything going for it at launch; which is untrue. I remember Netflix CD's, do you? I still have those cheap, lightweight DS3's that felt vastly inferior to the PS2's controller, do you? Next, you're gonna tell me the controller or the direction Sony went was a step up from the PS2, right? Because it wasn't. Sony went from absolute masterpieces like Jak and Daxter, Genji, Bujinkai- Forsaken City, Mark of Kri, Rise to Honor, all the Namco beat em ups (do you remember Urban Reign? I do. Still own it as well) to ruining franchises like Socom (socom 4 was dreadful), an over abundance of Ratchet and Clank, little love for Sly cooper, Remasters, and flops like Lair, Haze (remember, Haze was gonna be the Halo killer? Wasn't the same said about Killzone? lol)...and in the long run, the PS3 will be remembered for quality exclusives like Heavy Rain, MGS4, TLOU, Uncharted, Resistance 1 (the only good one in the trilogy) and a few other sprinkles. For cripes sake, Siren was butchered on the PS3...but these are facts you're willing to deny.

What did Microsoft do? Improved Halo. Gears. Improved Forza, Improved the controller, Improved the UI, introduced an actual marketplace and apps, improved their online infrastructure, and got third party in a tight headlock alongside exclusives. The whole Indie craze PS4 owners are going nuts about happened on my 360 years ago...in fact, I can go right to the Indies section right now and browse THOUSANDS of Indie games. What exactly is decent about any of that? If you're bias, that's one thing, but when you lie, it's not fact. Behave yourself.

I said X360 was as much FAILURE/SUCCESS ( you choose what ) as PS3. Seems you insist to have X360 on par with SNES let alone PS2. Well we dont agree here on that matter at all. I like you backing up your thoughts though and in many of them we actually agree ... But again , the main argument ... X360 to be on par or better than PS2/SNES , personally i think it as a "blasphemy" if you get what i mean. We cant agree on that sadly.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@twizded said:

You really have to blame the company that used poor thermal paste for that and not the 360. The PS1 and 2 had some hardware problems too early in their first years on the market. I guess that disqualifies them too.

Yeah my X360 broke as often as my PS2 and Wii (once each)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

@locopatho said:
@xhawk27 said:
@twizded said:

Those systems did not have a failure rate anywhere near the X360s. I went through 3 X360s in 3 years because of broken disk drives. Thermal paste lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Krelian-co

@twizded said:
@locopatho said:
@xhawk27 said:
@twizded said:

Those systems did not have a failure rate anywhere near the X360s. I went through 3 X360s in 3 years because of broken disk drives. Thermal paste lol

or the scratching of discs, yeah "thermal paste" obviously, it is not because microsoft and their rush to release ahead of the ps3, or because they left no thermal headroom (genius) that a weak thermal paste would make the system go boom, please understand!

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 XboxStache

@AzatiS: I agree. We're going to disagree on where 360 stands as a console overall when it comes to legacy. I can't for the life of me understand why you feel it's blasphemous; but you're entitled to your opinion.

It's really not a subjective take in which I'm expressing. I look at overall improvements be it graphics, control, features, support and so on. The PS2 blew the PS1 out the water when it came to features and games. It's a no contest, just like the 360 was a vast improvement over Xbox; but also a big improvement over all last gen consoles. If we're honest, I know Killswitch and Rogue Trooper came out before Gears, but Gears set the third person shooter standard. Xbox Live and FPS's went hand and hand. Summer Arcade was huge. Achievements also set the standard for gaming rewards...if the 360 wasn't a success, Sony wouldn't of done everything the 360 did with the PS4 excluding games...and that's mostly the devs fault releasing overhyped garbage.

Avatar image for passionategamer
PassionateGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 PassionateGamer
Member since 2015 • 18 Posts

PlayStation 4 is the best console AND gaming platform. I own every single one, even a gaming PC with an octa core 3.5 turbo boosted cpu, 20gb RAM, and a 4gb Video card, and I still prefer the PS4.

It's the most perfect and complete system to date; everything works best on PS4, even better than PC. I spend about 65% of my gaming time on PS4, and I'm not even a fanboy, I just like using what's best.

If someone says that the XBOX ONE is the best, it's probably because they really like it, and are too passionate to see the superiority of PS4. The XBOX ONE is still cool though.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts

I see dead people.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#329 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

PS4 very well could become the best selling console, but is absolutely not the best console

--At least not at this point

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@XboxStache said:

LOL, PS3 still won from 360 in the end or atleast on par with 360 when it comes to worldwide sales.

And PS3 ended with most AAA exclusives.

What are babbling about indies? PS3 had them too, you act like they were exclusive for 360.

AND LOOOOOOOOOL if you think 360 belongs in the PS1/2/SNES/NES list. You forgot RROD, pathetic support at the end of it's cycle, pay to play online rip-off, Kinect aka chasing the casual pot of gold and very lackluster exclusive library.

(and kuddos for mentioning Urban Reign.)

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I will be locking this. We don't need to patronize poor threads from 2 months ago.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#332 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@passionategamer said:

PlayStation 4 is the best console AND gaming platform. I own every single one, even a gaming PC with an octa core 3.5 turbo boosted cpu, 20gb RAM, and a 4gb Video card, and I still prefer the PS4.

It's the most perfect and complete system to date; everything works best on PS4, even better than PC. I spend about 65% of my gaming time on PS4, and I'm not even a fanboy, I just like using what's best.

If someone says that the XBOX ONE is the best, it's probably because they really like it, and are too passionate to see the superiority of PS4. The XBOX ONE is still cool though.

All you have done is share your preference. Owning all means nothing. I own an X1, PS4 and gaming rig, and I use my PS4 the least. Does that mean its the worst?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#333  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

was it really necessary to necro this old thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#334 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@remiks00 said:

was it really necessary to necro this old thread?

It was not- so under the lock and key it goes.