My DualSense is already disintegrating. What has been your experience with the new controllers?

• 119 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

This thread turned out funny, cows attacking other cows for breaking ranks LOL.

Jippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Jippo
Member since 2018 • 183 Posts

@sealionact said:

@ProtossRushX: The ps5 controller has gotten bigger, and is now the same size as the Xbox controller. Your DualShock was smaller, and yet you got “cramps” on the bigger Xbox controller because you thought it was smaller. 🤥

man, why do u bring up xbox when someone talks about PS5? maybe u miss xbox?

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Well known Sony "quality". Just get an Xbox.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

@hardwenzen: good thing you made a thread about getting your controller replaced. Lord knows what would happen if you just utilized the warranty.

PS mine is still perfect you fake ass cow

Why do i feel like you're upset lmao.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hardwenzen  Online

@arkephonic said:

You mentioned left click of the touch pad. The DualShock 4 touch pad was just 1 button. The DualSense touch pad has multiple buttons on it?

Yes, you can assign both sides of the touch pad in Demon's Souls. Pretty sure you could do the same with DS4, but can't recall using it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hardwenzen  Online
@Telekill said:

Maybe take it easier on your controllers? I haven't had issues with controllers since I broke a PS3 controller when I got pissed on an online match. With how much they were costing, I put an end to that behavior rather quick. It's your money though.

I am as easy on my controllers (and electronics in general) as it can be. It wasn't dropped, crushed and is perfectly clean.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@phlop_spencer said:

@hardwenzen: good thing you made a thread about getting your controller replaced. Lord knows what would happen if you just utilized the warranty.

Shut up you fake cow

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#58  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

Shut up you fake cow

Fake cow, Fake Cow, FAKE FAKE
Fake cow, Fake Cow, FAKE FAKE

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hardwenzen  Online

@phlop_spencer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@phlop_spencer said:

Shut up you fake cow

Holy shit YOU ARE upset 😊🤣

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

People must be rough with their controllers. I've been using a wired 360 controller for my PC for nearly a decade and it works flawlessly and looks brand new.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Logged plenty of hours on the PS5, still working fine. Maybe just a dud controller? Don't know why you'd have to return the whole console instead of just getting the controller replaced though.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Phlops having a meltdown, watch out he's gonna blooooooow

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

I have to get a replacement since my circle, triangle, and square button are getting sticky no matter how much i clean it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46497 Posts

@gym_lion said:

How much smaller is it?

Just a tiny bit, but enough to make for a less enjoyable experience over longer periods of time.

If you have smaller hands than it might be better :)

Gimme the duke controller though, haha

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9583 Posts

I've had no issues at all with my controller other than it not feeling right when playing Rocket League.. but that's more of an optimization thing on the games part.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@gym_lion said:

How much smaller is it?

Just a tiny bit, but enough to make for a less enjoyable experience over longer periods of time.

If you have smaller hands than it might be better :)

Gimme the duke controller though, haha

Yeah, I just did a side by side comparison. I've been trying to figure out any size differences for the past few weeks, and the Series X controller grips/handles feel a little bit skinnier. It's just a small difference, they almost look and feel the exact same as the Xbox One controllers. I'd still take the Series X controller though because the triggers are at a more comfortable angle, and the build quality is better than the Xbox One controllers. I also like the matte finish along the top instead of the glossy black. USB-C is a better connection than Micro-USB too, and the d-pad is improved over the One controllers. Share button is a nice touch. The slightly fatter grips on the One controllers are better, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

PS controllers have always been subpar in quality and battery life but the thing here is early adopters never get the worm.. Last gen my DS4 controllers fell apart like that.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@Telekill said:

Maybe take it easier on your controllers?

Doesn't matter, defective is defective. I take care of my stuff yet I've had control sticks drifting on 2 left joycons, 1 right joycon and one Switch pro controller (all replaced for free). First time I've ever had to replace a controller. Either there's poor design or a faulty batch.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@lebanese_boy said:

Doesn't matter, defective is defective. I take care of my stuff yet I've had control sticks drifting on 2 left joycons, 1 right joycon and one Switch pro controller (all replaced for free). First time I've ever had to replace a controller. Either there's poor design or a faulty batch.

I have had controllers I rarely use fail faster than than the ones that are most used.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@lebanese_boy: I would agree that defective is defective but when you've had as many controllers go bad as he states he has, he either has really bad luck or it's an issue with the environment they're in or how he treats them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hardwenzen  Online

@Telekill said:

@lebanese_boy: I would agree that defective is defective but when you've had as many controllers go bad as he states he has, he either has really bad luck or it's an issue with the environment they're in or how he treats them.

I don't treat them poorly tho, that's the thing. As i have mentioned, i don't sit on them, don't throw/drop them and even clean them. What else do you want me to do to treat them properly? I've had 2-3 DS4 left analog stick issues throughout the whole of last gen, and the left analog issue is all i had. On the ps5, i have not played a single game other than Demon's, and i've already had the left analog issue (which i fixed) and touch pad left click broke. Am i supposed to not use the controller so there's no chance of breaking?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I do not know what kind of luck i've been getting with Playstation controllers, but we're only a month since launch, and i am not just having an issue with the DualSense, but two issues.

First, about a week ago, my left analog stick began to mess up. When fully pressing straight forward, it registers as if i am barely pressing forward, which makes your character walk instead of run (demon's souls). Was getting this when the analog stick is perfectly centered and all the way pressed forward. I blew some compressed air into it, and for the last four or so days its been working fine. What i don't understand is how exactly could this be happening this quickly? My controller is as clean as new, wtf!?

The second issue is not something i was able to *repair*. Left click of my touch pad is f*cked. Press it as many times as you'd want, its not registering. Completely dead button, and it died in a little bit over a month 🙃. Now i am not sure what to do. I don't want to return the console, obviously, but at the same time, i don't think Walmart will replace just the controller. This is messed up.

Have any of you been getting any issues or am i the only one cursed?

that sucks, but I'd just reach out to sony directly. with the shortages, they might just kick you a new controller.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hardwenzen  Online

@clone01 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I do not know what kind of luck i've been getting with Playstation controllers, but we're only a month since launch, and i am not just having an issue with the DualSense, but two issues.

First, about a week ago, my left analog stick began to mess up. When fully pressing straight forward, it registers as if i am barely pressing forward, which makes your character walk instead of run (demon's souls). Was getting this when the analog stick is perfectly centered and all the way pressed forward. I blew some compressed air into it, and for the last four or so days its been working fine. What i don't understand is how exactly could this be happening this quickly? My controller is as clean as new, wtf!?

The second issue is not something i was able to *repair*. Left click of my touch pad is f*cked. Press it as many times as you'd want, its not registering. Completely dead button, and it died in a little bit over a month 🙃. Now i am not sure what to do. I don't want to return the console, obviously, but at the same time, i don't think Walmart will replace just the controller. This is messed up.

Have any of you been getting any issues or am i the only one cursed?

that sucks, but I'd just reach out to sony directly. with the shortages, they might just kick you a new controller.

I'll have to do it, but i won't be able to play Demon's for weeks or whatever it takes for a replacement. That sucks.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@hardwenzen: Other possibilities I listed are environment (humidity, dust, etc) or just plain old bad luck.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@lebanese_boy: Joy cons are notorious for drift, pretty sure nintendo's getting a class action lawsuits against them soon because of it.

BeachBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BeachBum
Member since 2019 • 165 Posts

You are definitely man handling your controllers. I've had 4 PS controls for every system since 1 and never had a single issue. You want to make sure the sticks are neutral when turning any system on as well. If you turn it on and then while it's booting up you start playing with the sticks, you will have issues.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hardwenzen  Online

@beachbum said:

You are definitely man handling your controllers. I've had 4 PS controls for every system since 1 and never had a single issue. You want to make sure the sticks are neutral when turning any system on as well. If you turn it on and then while it's booting up you start playing with the sticks, you will have issues.

Controllers are always face up when the system is turned off, so that's obviously not the issue. Left analog stick is the part of the controller that is in permanent work when the system is turned on, and seeing how cheap the internals are, it doesn't surprise me. People who are not having issues might have multiple controllers at once, while i only have one, the one i am using. Never had any issue with DS3, xbox360 controllers (other than one that i worn out so heavily it looked like a controller from a bestbuy console kiosk) and it has only began with DS4, which uses the exact same analog modules dualsense uses.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I have a PS5 controller. The first couple hours of Cyberpunk that I played was with it. Something felt off about it. It didn't feel as smooth or as accurate as my PS4 controller which I switched back to using, and felt a huge improvement. I do have XBO thumbsticks in my PS4 controller though which makes them taller, that could be the reason. Either way, I think I'll stick to using my PS4 controller on PC.

Grope-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Grope-Zero
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

@hardwenzen: Did you ever get walmart to replace the controller? I also ordered my PS5 from walmart a few months back and recently the controller that came with it has the same problem you mentioned where the left stick doesn't fully register that its being pushed forward, but canned air doesn't seem to fix it. This happened with almost all of my DS4 controllers I had as well is very annoying.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@Grope-Zero said:

@hardwenzen: Did you ever get walmart to replace the controller? I also ordered my PS5 from walmart a few months back and recently the controller that came with it has the same problem you mentioned where the left stick doesn't fully register that its being pushed forward, but canned air doesn't seem to fix it. This happened with almost all of my DS4 controllers I had as well is very annoying.

I didn't because i was playing Demon's remake pvp like a tryhard, and couldn't wait weeks for the replacement. What i did is blow some canned air into it, and it went away, but it will come back, and you'll have to blow more air into it. Annoying as ****, but because my ps5 has been collecting dust ever since i stopped playing Demon's about a month ago, i am not too bothered for now. If i get Returnal, and i still get the same annoyance, i am sending it in.

If canned air didn't work, you have no choice but to send it in. I've had it happen in 3 dualshock4's and now dualsens. Shit components.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@hardwenzen: should be under 1 year warranty contact Sony they should replace it

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@sheep99 said:

@hardwenzen: should be under 1 year warranty contact Sony they should replace it

Yea, i know, but it takes over a month to get the controller back. Slow af.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

I thought you were done with Demon's Souls and since there is nothing else to play, you can wait the month.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen  Online

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

I thought you were done with Demon's Souls and since there is nothing else to play, you can wait the month.

Yes, right now the ps5 is collecting dust, but i am interested in Returnal (maybe) and because i had it fixed every time i blew some canned air, the controller is usable. Since i have the 1 year warranty, i am not in a hurry unless canned air doesn't fix the issue. I will certainly send it back, tho.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pedro

@hardwenzen said:

Yes, right now the ps5 is collecting dust, but i am interested in Returnal (maybe) and because i had it fixed every time i blew some canned air, the controller is usable. Since i have the 1 year warranty, i am not in a hurry unless canned air doesn't fix the issue. I will certainly send it back, tho.

Returnal is $70 and 4 weeks away. So you can get the controller back in time.

Grope-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Grope-Zero
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

@hardwenzen: yeah for me the same thing happened with 2 dualshock 4 controllers within a couple months of buying them, canned air would help with those too but it would always come back, same with my dualsense now apparently. probably going to try bringing it in to walmart and seeing if they will replace it

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 hardwenzen  Online

@Grope-Zero said:

@hardwenzen: yeah for me the same thing happened with 2 dualshock 4 controllers within a couple months of buying them, canned air would help with those too but it would always come back, same with my dualsense now apparently. probably going to try bringing it in to walmart and seeing if they will replace it

Well, at least i am not the only one. People in here were assuming i am rough with my controllers, even tho i am the extreme opposite.

@Pedro said:
@hardwenzen said:

Returnal is $70 and 4 weeks away. So you can get the controller back in time.

Yes its $70 lol you don't have to remind me that. The next time i get this analog issue, i'll contact them. I keep telling myself that "its fine", even tho i've already seen it happen on multiple of my DS4's, and it wasn't fine at all.

TumorStation5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 293 Posts

Playstation controllers are garbage since the original playstation , the new ones add just some gimmicks that will eventually die on you

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Both of my controllers still work lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9583 Posts

Update to my "no problems at all" 3 months ago. I let my son play Enlisted for a couple hours and after I got my controller back it has noticeable and unfixable drift so I had to get a new controller. I'm letting them use that one now. I already knew before letting him play that he is a lot rougher on controllers than I am though. He presses the buttons way harder than they need to be pressed... he is one of those get excited and think pressing the button through the back of the controller somehow makes it go faster, higher, whatever.. lol. No biggie... I'll just let them use that one if they are on my PS5. It's not game breaking just annoying as hell. The trigger feedback and haptics and all that work like they did the first time I used it though.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Eoten

Modern controllers are made like shit. Even back in the late 90s sega was intelligent enough to HAL sensors for their analog sticks which is why a Dreamcast controller don't drift. Almost every arcade cabinet also uses HAL sensors in their sticks for longevity. Potentiometers are being used in modern controllers because they're stupid-cheap and the people making consoles don't give a shit if you have to buy a new controller every year. Not their problem.

Which is funny because to use HAL sensors wouldn't even raise the price of the controller much, so they specifically WANT them to break down faster so you have to get new ones. It's why Nintendo has never fixed the Joycons, and Sony won't be fixing the Dualsense. And why I have HAL sensors stuffed into breadboards doing some testing.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Epak_

@eoten said:

Modern controllers are made like shit. Even back in the late 90s sega was intelligent enough to HAL sensors for their analog sticks which is why a Dreamcast controller don't drift. Almost every arcade cabinet also uses HAL sensors in their sticks for longevity. Potentiometers are being used in modern controllers because they're stupid-cheap and the people making consoles don't give a shit if you have to buy a new controller every year. Not their problem.

Which is funny because to use HAL sensors wouldn't even raise the price of the controller much, so they specifically WANT them to break down faster so you have to get new ones. It's why Nintendo has never fixed the Joycons, and Sony won't be fixing the Dualsense. And why I have HAL sensors stuffed into breadboards doing some testing.

I ordered a 3rd party thumbstick to my drifting joy-con and fixed it myself lolololo. Many probably won't bother though... I wonder if I could do that to my DS5s if the decide to break.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

One of mine started drifting on left stick few days back and sony wants me to pay for shipping to get it replaced, nice.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

It looks like a lot of people (even on this dead forum) are beginning to have issues. I was the first because i played a shitton of Demon's pvp, you know, actually used the controller for a good amount in that game alone. Y'all just didn't use the controller enough back when i made the thread to see the controller pooping on you👀

And paying shipping to ship em to Sony is such a joke. Wtf are they thinking.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

It looks like a lot of people (even on this dead forum) are beginning to have issues. I was the first because i played a shitton of Demon's pvp, you know, actually used the controller for a good amount in that game alone. Y'all just didn't use the controller enough back when i made the thread to see the controller pooping on you👀

And paying shipping to ship em to Sony is such a joke. Wtf are they thinking.

I guess they confused you with Quack and tormentos. Did you tell them you are not them?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Eoten

@Epak_ said:
@eoten said:

I ordered a 3rd party thumbstick to my drifting joy-con and fixed it myself lolololo. Many probably won't bother though... I wonder if I could do that to my DS5s if the decide to break.

You could in theory, but here's the issue with that. The potentiometers read an analog value from -1 to 1, with 0 being the ideal center, but this is never the case, at rest they usually read a value of like -.05 or +.1 or something, and the firmware on the controller zeroes this out from the factory. If you replace the drifting thumbstick with an aftermarket one, let's say the stock one had a resting value of -.1 and the new one has a resting value of +.05, then the new stick will have a net of +.15 and the new stick will drift in that direction with no way to correct it.

So if you read the values of the default potentiometer and could match the values, it'd work. This is why when I replace worn thumbsticks in controllers that do not have drift (like my Gamecube controller) I swap the old, working potentiometers onto the new stick boxes so I'll get a tight stick without drift.

So yeah, swapping thumbstick modules on Playstation, Xbox, or Switch Pro controllers really is as much of a pain in the ass as it sounds, and the people making those controllers have taken steps to keep it that way.

HAL sensors really do not cost any more than these stick boxes do, and would never have a drift issue. Furthermore if HAL sensors were used, like in the Dreamcast controller, then after the physical, mechanical stick itself wears out from use, you could swap it for a dirt cheap replacement with just a screwdriver. Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft do not want you to be able to repair your controllers so they'll last forever. They use the analog modules that they do, and lock the firmware to them so you'll have to buy replacements. There's maybe $5-$10 of actual parts, material, and labor put into making one, so it's a net profit for those companies when you buy replacements every year or two.

My main goal for experimenting with HAL sensors and 3D printing is to get to my point where I can design and build an analog controller that will literally last forever.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Epak_
@eoten said:
@Epak_ said:
@eoten said:

You could in theory, but here's the issue with that. The potentiometers read an analog value from -1 to 1, with 0 being the ideal center, but this is never the case, at rest they usually read a value of like -.05 or +.1 or something, and the firmware on the controller zeroes this out from the factory. If you replace the drifting thumbstick with an aftermarket one, let's say the stock one had a resting value of -.1 and the new one has a resting value of +.05, then the new stick will have a net of +.15 and the new stick will drift in that direction with no way to correct it.

So if you read the values of the default potentiometer and could match the values, it'd work. This is why when I replace worn thumbsticks in controllers that do not have drift (like my Gamecube controller) I swap the old, working potentiometers onto the new stick boxes so I'll get a tight stick without drift.

So yeah, swapping thumbstick modules on Playstation, Xbox, or Switch Pro controllers really is as much of a pain in the ass as it sounds, and the people making those controllers have taken steps to keep it that way.

HAL sensors really do not cost any more than these stick boxes do, and would never have a drift issue. Furthermore if HAL sensors were used, like in the Dreamcast controller, then after the physical, mechanical stick itself wears out from use, you could swap it for a dirt cheap replacement with just a screwdriver. Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft do not want you to be able to repair your controllers so they'll last forever. They use the analog modules that they do, and lock the firmware to them so you'll have to buy replacements. There's maybe $5-$10 of actual parts, material, and labor put into making one, so it's a net profit for those companies when you buy replacements every year or two.

My main goal for experimenting with HAL sensors and 3D printing is to get to my point where I can design and build an analog controller that will literally last forever.

Joy-cons have really smart parts, but I managed to do the switch (even with my trembling hands :D). At least the DS5 would have bigger parts, but I have no idea how much disassembly I'd have to do before I could replace the thumbstick. I prefer to have two working controllers right now, maybe I should buy a third one and if any of the controllers break I could try and order a spare thumbstick and try to fix the broken one myself. On the other hand all my PS5 stuff is still under warranty so...

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Eoten

@Epak_ said:
@eoten said:
@Epak_ said:
@eoten said:

Joy-cons have really smart parts, but I managed to do the switch (even with my trembling hands :D). At least the DS5 would have bigger parts, but I have no idea how much dissassembly I'd have to do before I could replace the thumbstick. I prefer to have two working controllers right now, maybe I should buy a third one and if any of the controllers break I could try and order a spare thumbstick and try to fix the broken one myself. On the other hand all my PS5 stuff is still under warranty so...

A PS5 controller is much easier to disassemble than Joycons. I think the Switch Pro controller is the easiest to disassemble of the three and the easiest to repair. If you plan to replace thumbstick modules on a PS5, Xbox, or Switch pro controller, you will need to know how to solder.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Epak_

@eoten said:
@Epak_ said:
@eoten said:
@Epak_ said:
@eoten said:

Joy-cons have really smart parts, but I managed to do the switch (even with my trembling hands :D). At least the DS5 would have bigger parts, but I have no idea how much dissassembly I'd have to do before I could replace the thumbstick. I prefer to have two working controllers right now, maybe I should buy a third one and if any of the controllers break I could try and order a spare thumbstick and try to fix the broken one myself. On the other hand all my PS5 stuff is still under warranty so...

A PS5 controller is much easier to disassemble than Joycons. I think the Switch Pro controller is the easiest to disassemble of the three and the easiest to repair. If you plan to replace thumbstick modules on a PS5, Xbox, or Switch pro controller, you will need to know how to solder.

Aw crap, well there goes that then. The joy-con didn't need any soldering.