Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts
@kvallyx said:

Way too many to pick one.

You can pick several, I won't be angry if you list more than one.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@davillain said:
@Wasdie said:

Haven't personally seen a better looking game since RDR2 in 4k. That's my current go-to answer.

Lots of great looking games out there though. There's just no longer a "graphics king", hasn't been in well over a decade by now.

I would agree with RDR2 but I also believe Cyberpunk 2077 is now the best looking game when using Raytracing (Overdrive) and that goes for the upcoming Expansion Phantom Liberty.

RT Overdrive does make Cyberpunk 2077 have like the best overall lighting and atmosphere i've ever seen, but the assets are major hit and miss, and then stuff like the NPC animations are just visibly worse than what RDR is doing.

Graphics are the whole package, and RDR2 still hasn't been beaten as a whole just yet.

In fairness I am splitting hairs more than ever. Games just look great these days. Even Fortnite with Lumen is great looking.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
@navyguy21 said:

I'd have to say Fable.

I was convinced it was CGI until outlets confirmed it was gameplay

I'm interested to see how this plays out. Cause if it was indeed real-time, then they may have just jumped a generation.

A game like that must also have an incredibly efficient asset generation pipeline. That's one of the bigger bottlenecks these days. Our engines can do better graphics than the artists can reasonably make if you want a full game.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#54 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19688 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Vague question. Lots of ways to answer.

But one that stood out this generation was DragonballZ: Fighters.

It's attention to detail was through the roof, faithful to a perfect T. With no exaggeration, looked better than the actual Dragonball Super series by and large. They gave more of a shit than the people making that show lol

Loading Video...

Worth remembering as well, this came out about the same time as Marvel VS Capcom infinite and basically buried it in the fucking ground party due the sheer difference of presentation quality.

This.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is the best-looking game I've seen in the last two generations. Art design trumps technical prowess in my book.

Besides DBFZ, my runners-up would be:

• Persona 5
  • Cuphead

...For similar reasons, art design trumps technical prowess.

As for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, they ruined the visuals with some half-assed pseudo-realism. They should've stuck to the comic-meets-manga style of the older MvC games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59369 Posts

Might have been where the Fable bros got their first gig.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

Fable looks cool and all but a trailer showing me a hollywood actor act out a role does as much for me as a CGI trailer.

How's Street Fighter going? You won many fights yet? :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By uninspiredcup
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Fable looks cool and all but a trailer showing me a hollywood actor act out a role does as much for me as a CGI trailer.

How's Street Fighter going? You won many fights yet? :)

Every single none of them. Was easy.

But yea, I don't really give much of a shit about Fable to begin with, thought it was always pretty overrated, mostly propped up by Peter M and being exclusive. But that was one ugly motherfucker of a character. Donno what they were smoking when they made that.

Guessing it was some fat, pink/blue haired slug looking jabba the hut gender study twat trying to avoid "making my character not look like shit", because that makes disgusting, putrid, highly unattractive people feel good about themselves. Even though the entire point of vidya games is escapism specifically so we don't have to look at their neanderthal looking faces. (which nobody wants to look at)

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16612 Posts

For consoles it would have to be something on the 12 tflop console, the strongest console on the market. The Xbox series X. I'd go with msfs20.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39803 Posts

Feels to me that at least half of gamers are simply afraid of admitting that HFW looks better than anything on the market. Don't be afraid, seriously.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: Just bought a copy of SF6 to show my support to companies that aren't afraid of letting game characters look like video game characters.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1010 Posts

@hardwenzen: Forbidden West is in my top 3 for what it's worth

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7318 Posts

what ever sony first party gives us.

sony is top ter graphical games this gen so far.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@hardwenzen: Its actually ridiculous, that even after buying a $5000 PC I have still yet to find anything universally superior to HFW.

The difference of course is HFW at its best runs only at 40 fps, but it looks clearly better than anything I have run on my PC with a few exceptions:

1. Plague Tale 2 (runs 70-80fps fully maxed out) I'm torn 50/50 whether this game or HFW looks best.
  2. Forza Horizon 5 (runs 160 fps) I would say HFW still looks better than this game, but its not too far off.
  3. Layers of Fear runs 90-100fps) - just downloaded the UE5 remake of this game. In some areas it looks incredibly photorealistic and more real than HFW, but then again, the same is narrow af and not a lot of surfaces / geometry in the world, just flat walls/floors/ceilings. and HFW is a huge beautiful open world with lush environments, copious vegetation etc.

Not even saying those three games look better, but they are debatable and on par.

I just saw that Microsoft Flight Simulator is on Game Pass, will have to give it a go.

I'm actually wondering if the TRUE next-gen leap from HFW on PS5 is...

... HFW on PC at max settings / added ray tracing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By uninspiredcup

I have a $6000 pc.

(still can't play SF6)

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2968 Posts

We are so spoiled these days with many fantastic looking games. It's hard to pick a winner, but I guess Plague's Tale 2 Requiem takes the cake. Red Dead 2 is getting old but is still a visual stunner. Heck, even old stuff like Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creec Origins are worth noting.

Maybe we should instead pick the game that pushed graphics forwards the most for each generation, for example Donkey Kong Country for 16-bit, GTA V for Xbox 360 etc.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k

@pmanden said:

We are so spoiled these days with many fantastic looking games. It's hard to pick a winner, but I guess Plague's Tale 2 Requiem takes the cake. Red Dead 2 is getting old but is still a visual stunner. Heck, even old stuff like Far Cry 5 and Assassin's Creec Origins are worth noting.

Maybe we should instead pick the game that pushed graphics forwards the most for each generation, for example Donkey Kong Country for 16-bit, GTA V for Xbox 360 etc.

We truly are spoiled, and I have thought about many ways to devide graphics kings into categories, but in the end I like so many games graphics. I still like what Half Life 2 and Super Mario Bros 3 did.

But this thread is more me asking: what game stuck with you the most. at this years E3 Was it say character animations being on level with TLOU, or was it say the weather effects that looked great in Star Wars Outlaws... Stuff like that.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

I have a $6000 pc.

(still can't play SF6)

Half the price of your PC is just VR hardware, comon man.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R4gn4r0k

@Mozelleple112: Plague Tale 2 looks great but it has that horrible/stuttery camera movement.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Mozelleple112

@R4gn4r0k: yeah lol. Even for me. The average FPS is in 70-80fps without frame generation and about 90-110 fps with frame generation but every time I move the camera too swiftly the framerate drops to what feels like mid 20s for a second. Its annoying. Visually stunning of course. But annoying none the less.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ermacness  Online
Member since 2005 • 10653 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

BABY STEPS PS5. :-O

What does the ps5 have to do solely with this topic?

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

As far as visuals I’d have to say Hogwarts Legacy.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1345 Posts

Ratchet and clank

Avatar image for interphamachem3
interphamachem3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 interphamachem3
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

So many good looking games around.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

It's a name of a game on the PS5. :-S

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 R4gn4r0k

@ratchetclank92 said:

As far as visuals I’d have to say Hogwarts Legacy.

Oh yeah, plenty of UE 4 games have amazing lighting, but Hogwarts had not just that it had great effects whenever you cast spells as well.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7299 Posts

For me gears 5 still looks incredible to this day.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44693 Posts

Dipped into Scorn after having not touched it in months. I'd almost fogotten how visually impressive it is, even beautiful at times... in a oh-so macabre fashion. The inspirations drawn from H.R. Giger and Zdzisław Beksiński artworks are undeniably ever-present throughout the entire journey. Certainly a remarkable game visually, in both its design and technical craft. Every screenshot feels like it could be a painting itself. Such an overlooked gem, denigrated by the plebes everywhere who want online PvP, who need the story shoved down their throats and have no stomach for the nuances of indirect visual exposition and artistic interpretation.

Loading Video...

Is it the best look game ever made? No, probably not. But certainly the best looking one I played in quite a while.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ermacness  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

As well on the pc and Xbox. So I ask again, what does this topic have to do with the ps5 for you to exclusively call it out?

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 slimdogmilionar

I’m gonna have to go Ratchet and Clank, it really does look like Pixar movie

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 HalcyonScarlet

@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

As well on the pc and Xbox. So I ask again, what does this topic have to do with the ps5 for you to exclusively call it out?

Because I didn't know it was on other platforms? I only saw a trailer for the PS5.

Why so defensive? :-S

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Tears of the Kingdom is best looking game. No game looks like it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 uninspiredcup

@mesome713: Looks like BOTW.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#83 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@uninspiredcup: lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 R4gn4r0k

@lamprey263 said:

Dipped into Scorn after having not touched it in months. I'd almost fogotten how visually impressive it is, even beautiful at times... in a oh-so macabre fashion. The inspirations drawn from H.R. Giger and Zdzisław Beksiński artworks are undeniably ever-present throughout the entire journey. Certainly a remarkable game visually, in both its design and technical craft. Every screenshot feels like it could be a painting itself. Such an overlooked gem, denigrated by the plebes everywhere who want online PvP, who need the story shoved down their throats and have no stomach for the nuances of indirect visual exposition and artistic interpretation.

Is it the best look game ever made? No, probably not. But certainly the best looking one I played in quite a while.

They definitely picked a style and went with it. This reminds me a lot of Alien of course, but I've yet to play it.

It was actually my goal to play it after finishing System Shock, as Scorn also drops you in a world and really doesn't tell you what to do, instead it lets the player find out for himself.

What would you compare the gameplay of Scorn to? Is it a puzzler? Shooter? Platformer?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 R4gn4r0k
@slimdogmilionar said:

I’m gonna have to go Ratchet and Clank, it really does look like Pixar movie

Oh yes of course, I even think Ratchet & Clank on PS4 (best played on PS5) still holds up marvelously.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44693 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Scorn puzzles aren't too complex, there is shooting in it but it's not a shooter and resources for guns are scarce, best approach to combat is to avoid when possible, save ammo for when you really need it. Your mostly going to get a visual feast, has excellent audio to set the mood, overall it's just a unique experience, and an opportunity to try to maybe understand the world an interpret what happened to it. If your familiar with the game's visual inspirations then there's more there to contemplate. It's a short game but I've no issues with its length. If you have Game Pass, I'd suggest doing it that way as there's no guarantee you'll like it. But it is worth at least trying for yourself.

slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 slimdogmilionar

@R4gn4r0k: dunno how it is on ps4 but on ps5 my teenage son thought my daughter was watching a movie when we played it.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ermacness  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Because I didn't know it was on other platforms? I only saw a trailer for the PS5.

Because it’s “assumed” that only cows/cbox haters only prematurely bash the Xbox in a thread not about Xbox. This was clear evidence that this isn’t the case.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ermacness  Online
@mesome713 said:

Tears of the Kingdom is best looking game. No game looks like it.

Nintendo exclusives have many accolades when in comparison to other platforms, but visuals definitely isn’t one of them.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Mozelleple112

@slimdogmilionar: R&C:R.A. does look phenomenal. IMO it is top 3 best looking console game. Might just be second place behind HFW. GOWR and Ghost Wire Tokyo have to be somewhere in the mix.

With the PC version of R&C coming this summer I wonder if they will actually have any visual improvements or just allow you to run the 30/40fps modes with unlocked FPS. If there is even slight visual improvement we might be looking at the overall graphics king.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 HalcyonScarlet

@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ermacness said:

Because it’s “assumed” that only cows/cbox haters only prematurely bash the Xbox in a thread not about Xbox. This was clear evidence that this isn’t the case.

But it looks like a good game. :-S

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Mozelleple112 said:

@R4gn4r0k: yeah lol. Even for me. The average FPS is in 70-80fps without frame generation and about 90-110 fps with frame generation but every time I move the camera too swiftly the framerate drops to what feels like mid 20s for a second. Its annoying. Visually stunning of course. But annoying none the less.

Having said that, the technology behind this game is astounding. From the lighting, the amount of rats it renders on screen... It really puts the GPU hardware to work. Wether it's a top of the line PC or a mid range console.

I think it's insane how far this game is able to render detail. I still vividly remember this part where Amecia had to drop out from the back of the cart and had to start running for her life. But really anytime the game renders nature on screen it's insane in how detailed and lush it looks:

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 777 Posts

SW Outlaws

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Open world: Horizon Forbidden West

Linear world: Callisto Protocol

Racing: Forza Horizon 5

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@slimdogmilionar: R&C:R.A. does look phenomenal. IMO it is top 3 best looking console game. Might just be second place behind HFW. GOWR and Ghost Wire Tokyo have to be somewhere in the mix.

With the PC version of R&C coming this summer I wonder if they will actually have any visual improvements or just allow you to run the 30/40fps modes with unlocked FPS. If there is even slight visual improvement we might be looking at the overall graphics king.

God of War Ragnarok has some good environments later on during the 3rd act, but the majority of the game looks exactly like God of War on the PS4. (I played through GOW on the PC and then Ragnarok on the PS5 right after)

Horizon FW blew me away, however.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 R4gn4r0k

i think God of War on PS4 looks great but it employs a lot of trickery like say Detroit Become human did to look as good as it did.

I for one like removing depth of field in my games and I saw some really bad looking details in the parts of the level masked by DOF.

Having said that, I don't mind games looking worse in some places and better in others... that's just part of how games are designed.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@miquella said:

SW Outlaws

It's really insane how detailed and seamless the world was at the same time.

Always been impressed by Massive's Snowdrop engine and Avatar and Outlaws look a step beyond anything I've seen from them (and I keep wondering how well optimized they'll be).

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

Star Wars outlaws looks way better than star wars Jedi survival. Survival I think is kind of a disappointing looking game has there are games on ps4 that looks quite a bit better. Avatar looks amazing graphics wise even though I am not interested in the game has I found the first movie crazy overrated and didnt even care about seeing the second movie. Dont get the hype for Avatar. But the colors do look great in the game.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ZELDABOTW2

@simple-facts said:

After watching the gameshows ubisoft has pushed ahead of Sony in the graphics department into second place behind Xbox studios.

Forza,the new flight sim,fable and hellblade 2 all looking fantastic

I dont know about that the best looking game this gen is still ratchet and clank rift apart and Horizon forbidden west a close second.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ZELDABOTW2
@nod_calypse said:
@Mozelleple112 said:

@nod_calypse: That's actually hilarious, I had to google who he was.

Aloy does look like a hyper realistic, extremely detailed, ultra polished Jerry O'Connell. That valley is uncanny.

Persona games look like PSP games.

Lol, I know bruh, you can't unsee it, especially younger pics

I hate how people still bring that up because it was just a. bad photo and in the actual game she looks a lot hotter and less shiny than that to.