Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Feels to me that at least half of gamers are simply afraid of admitting that HFW looks better than anything on the market. Don't be afraid, seriously.

Ratchet and clank and HFW are at a whole different level than anything else out there.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#102 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39619 Posts

@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Feels to me that at least half of gamers are simply afraid of admitting that HFW looks better than anything on the market. Don't be afraid, seriously.

Ratchet and clank and HFW are at a whole different level than anything else out there.

Indeed. Wish people weren't afraid of simply admitting the obvious, but they feel bad for owning a 4090 with nothing that approaches these two games running on a $400 console. Its sad.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46521 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Indeed. Wish people weren't afraid of simply admitting the obvious, but they feel bad for owning a 4090 with nothing that approaches these two games running on a $400 console. Its sad.

How would you know what games on a 4090 look like?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39619 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@hardwenzen said:

How would you know what games on a 4090 look like?

I have seen bassman trying his best to show me a bunch of pics, and it looks mediocre. His skill at taking screenshots is also mediocre to say the least tbh.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@theam0g:the PC version of God of War comes with enhanced graphic options alongside native 4K (not checkerboarded).

In any case, I think GOWR was a pretty big step up over GOW. it completely blows my mind how SSM were able to produce GOW like visuals on the PS4.

I would put GOWR as #3 best looking console game after HFW and Rachet & Clank RA.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 R4gn4r0k

@Mozelleple112 said:

@theam0g:the PC version of God of War comes with enhanced graphic options alongside native 4K (not checkerboarded).

In any case, I think GOWR was a pretty big step up over GOW. it completely blows my mind how SSM were able to produce GOW like visuals on the PS4.

I would put GOWR as #3 best looking console game after HFW and Rachet & Clank RA.

Drag two files into your god of war root folder and play the game with DLAA, you'll thank me later.

Looks a gen above the PS4 version (you can also go for vignette and DOF removals)

https://github.com/emoose/DLSSTweaks

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@hardwenzen said:

I have seen bassman trying his best to show me a bunch of pics, and it looks mediocre. His skill at taking screenshots is also mediocre to say the least tbh.

No matter the subject you always succeed at cracking me up, thanks for that zenman.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#109  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I don't have God of War on PC. I beat the game 3 times on PS4/PS5 and have like 120 hours (though no platinum cause I locked myself on GMG+ unable to beat Valkyries...)

I definitely won't pay $60 for it but if its sold for stupid money on Steam I might get it cause why not. See the graphics improvements as well as the 120 fps.

and re: your other comment. I get GOW uses a lot of trickery that upsets the graphics nerds like Digital Foundry, but I don't really care. it looks superb.

I'd rather get "fooled" into perceiving something as ultra high quality, than play something that's mediocre but is doing everything the 'hard way'

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@Mozelleple112 said:

@R4gn4r0k: I don't have God of War on PC. I beat the game 3 times on PS4/PS5 and have like 120 hours (though no platinum cause I locked myself on GMG+ unable to beat Valkyries...)

I definitely won't pay $60 for it but if its sold for stupid money on Steam I might get it cause why not. See the graphics improvements as well as the 120 fps.

and re: your other comment. I get GOW uses a lot of trickery that upsets the graphics nerds like Digital Foundry, but I don't really care. it looks superb.

I'd rather get "fooled" into perceiving something as ultra high quality, than play something that's mediocre but is doing everything the 'hard way'

Oh man, I don't mind the trickery. I call it trickery because it's just that. I noticed low poly assets and textures in both Detroit Become Human and God of War on PC in backgrounds hidden away by DOF, but more than that I noticed the amazing looking character models, facial animations, set pieces and effects.

If you haven't I certainly recommend replaying Detroit on PC as well.

I just turn off all the gosh wash like DOF and Blur, but at the very least you should be mindful for Chromatic Aberration and lens flare, they destroy an otherwise great looking image.

I don't mind playing games on PS4 either: Detroit, GOW, Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU 2 remain to this day some of the best looking games out there.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1345 Posts

@Mozelleple112: bought both GOWR and HFW for the kids but have not got a chance to sit down and play them, but from what I’ve seen both look good. Ragnarok looks good but I think it’s hard to see a big difference because stylistically it looks like GOW which stills holds up good imo.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3473 Posts

Both Horizon games are technically impressive but I hate the art direction. The colour palette in Zero Dawn is nauseating and in Forbidden West the lighting makes everything look like a toy. Death Stranding is much more visually appealing imo.

I've seen Cuphead mentioned and I absolutely agree. Flawless work. Ori is a visual wonder too and I'm a big fan of the pixel art in Blasphemous.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 R4gn4r0k

@kathaariancode said:

Both Horizon games are technically impressive but I hate the art direction. The colour palette in Zero Dawn is nauseating and in Forbidden West the lighting makes everything look like a toy. Death Stranding is much more visually appealing imo.

I've seen Cuphead mentioned and I absolutely agree. Flawless work. Ori is a visual wonder too and I'm a big fan of the pixel art in Blasphemous.

Actually got Blasphemous recently but I fear it might be a little to much like Dark Souls for me (I can't succeed in this type of game).

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 KathaarianCode

@R4gn4r0k: I really like it. I'm far from a skilled gamer and I found it to be very accessible. Which to me was great because I was much more into the iconography and art direction than the challenge. But the Dark Souls influence is undeniable. Very cryptic in an awesome way, imo. Also, it gives me some cool black metal vibes which to me is a big plus.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59240 Posts

Streets Of Rage 4 deserves abit of credit as well.

Lot of games acted as spiritual successors, and in some cases where originally intended to be direct sequels, but I think everything in the presentation here they got down.

Didn't use pixel style art which they so easily could have done like alot of indie type games. Where it's just trying to directly replicate 16-bit era games, to the point it's actually boring and generic now. It used heavily influenced aesthetics but updated it all for a modern age.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 R4gn4r0k

@kathaariancode said:

@R4gn4r0k: I really like it. I'm far from a skilled gamer and I found it to be very accessible. Which to me was great because I was much more into the iconography and art direction than the challenge. But the Dark Souls influence is undeniable. Very cryptic in an awesome way, imo. Also, it gives me some cool black metal vibes which to me is a big plus.

Oh yeah, if the game is being cryptic or vague I can stomach that. But dark souls combat really punishes any mistake, and I just feel that for myself: I can't stand split second block precision.

Like for example I'm playing jedi survivor, and at times I don't even try and nail every single block. Other times I swear the block should have worked and it just gives me a free hit for no reason... Odd, but yeah I never was a fan or dark souls combat (jedi is great though). So how is the 2D combat?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By KathaarianCode

@R4gn4r0k: It can be punishing but it's not super demanding on the execution side. Basically you just have to understand whatever a new enemy brings and act upon it. And bosses are for the most part easy enough. Maybe a couple of challenging ones. It just isn't something you can mash your way to victory.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 R4gn4r0k

@kathaariancode said:

@R4gn4r0k: It can be punishing but it's not super demanding on the execution side. Basically you just have to understand whatever a new enemy brings and act upon it. And bosses are for the most part easy enough. Maybe a couple of challenging ones. It just isn't something you can mash your way to victory.

Sounds like some old school 2D games I know, I'll give it a try on Steam Deck. Thanks mate!

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 KathaarianCode

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, give it a chance. Perfect for a portable imo, that's how I've played it (Switch).

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#120 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13083 Posts

@zeldabotw2 said:
@nod_calypse said:

Lol, I know bruh, you can't unsee it, especially younger pics

I hate how people still bring that up because it was just a. bad photo and in the actual game she looks a lot hotter and less shiny than that to.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@zeldabotw2 said:
@nod_calypse said:

I hate how people still bring that up because it was just a. bad photo and in the actual game she looks a lot hotter and less shiny than that to.

People should really take a joke and stop obsessing over how characters look. So many people won't play Returnal based on a characters look.

Having said that, Aloy looks downgraded in Horizon FW, they made her look uglier on purpose, and made her look less like the model she's based on.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@nod_calypse said:

People should really take a joke and stop obsessing over how characters look.

Lol, yeah. Just a damn joke. Comes down to it, not really my cup o' tea, but the Horizon series is great, totally worth playing.

And the Returnal "ugly" lady thing is nauseating. That game is dope as hell.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R4gn4r0k

@nod_calypse said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Lol, yeah. Just a damn joke. Comes down to it, not really my cup o' tea, but the Horizon series is great, totally worth playing.

It's like, with game characters looking more and more like real people it comes with all the real world downsides and obsessions too.

Give me Spyro, Crash or Banjo-Kazooie, at least people will stop obsessing over how characters look then, Jesus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@R4gn4r0k said:
@nod_calypse said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It's like, with game characters looking more and more like real people it comes with all the real world downsides and obsessions too.

Give me Spyro, Crash or Banjo-Kazooie, at least people will stop obsessing over how characters look then, Jesus.

Always thought Drake's eyes looked weird af though. They turn up at the corner subtly, almost Japanese-esque. It's odd.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 KvallyX

@R4gn4r0k said:
@nod_calypse said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Actual game play...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@nod_calypse said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Actual game play...

Oh you

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Actual game play...

Oh you

Welcome to System Wars! :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Actual game play...

Oh you

Welcome to System Wars! :)

it's almost like this place never changes

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 R4gn4r0k

@nod_calypse said:

Always thought Drake's eyes looked weird af though. They turn up at the corner subtly, almost Japanese-esque. It's odd.

Can't unsee this 0_0

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@zeldabotw2 said:
@nod_calypse said:

People should really take a joke and stop obsessing over how characters look. So many people won't play Returnal based on a characters look.

Having said that, Aloy looks downgraded in Horizon FW, they made her look uglier on purpose, and made her look less like the model she's based on.

Not sure I can say that she is really cute in the game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#131 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Artistical looking- Ether Hogwarts, Diablo 2 resurrected (I've always been a fan of its design even from the og version) or Valheim

Technical wise- console wise GoW Ragnarok PC wise RDR2 or The Witcher 3

Jolyyoljogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jolyyoljogger
Member since 2023 • 90 Posts

MSFS 2020