I just don't get all the GW2 love.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#51 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] I've had no problems with the game.

That is a complete lie and you know it, every server in Europe is broken constantly, America is no special place.

I feel the exact same way about the game. I honsestly didnt like it much about after a few hrs of play and just stopped. I think part of the reason it gets so much love is because it has no monthly fee. Seems petty I know, but alot of pc gamers here seem cheap to me.

Advid-Gamer
You've spouted this anecdotal crap before, I would gladly pay a monthly fee for this game. So much for your bullspit theory.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 vfibsux

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]This post bother me. He said "he" had no problem with the game and you call his opinion a lie??? It's easy to overhype a game, but it's even more to overhate like you did in your long post, acting like GW2 is completely unplayable and unenjoyable to everyone.SkyWard20

I rate it a 9.5 and called it my 2012 GOTY by far, I don't hate it, I criticize its "severe" problems, things that suck in GW 2 suck bad and they need immediate attention.Support both technical and in terms of game development has been terrible.

As for the opinion of not experiencing bugs, that is not an opinion, that is a "don't want to notice them", there were and still are so many bugs, you experience them in everything you do and I mean everything, these are not just random problems that are cased by random PC configurations, these were game database problems.

With a game so broken I won't accept any random "not my problem", even if you'd avoid every single broken event (event, heart, sp) and call it not your problem, you'd still be affected multiple times by the trade post that barely functioned till last week, it was down way more than up.

9.5 for this trash? omg no wonder this was such a crappy year for video games. you little sheep are eating up all the junk this industry throws at you.

So because someone's opinion about a game differs from yours they are sheep.....however if they follow YOU and your opinion they are not? Awesome dude, keep kewl.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Its a great shallow experiance, but that is about it. That light, fluffy journey masks the underlying great design to keep most of its aspects lasting alot longer. After level 30 character progression becomes near non existant. as mentioned by Daniel Dust the other various problems rear their ugly head. But hey" no monthly fee right :roll:"MBirdy88
i guess GW1 was an awful game too. after all, only 20 levels (which you'd achieve halfway through the campaign, nothing hard) and standard gear stats that everyone could have, and access to all skills you wanted, as long as you bought them from the skill trainer.

Are you suggesting that even for a second Guild Wars 2's skill system is anywhere near as interesting/deeps as guild wars 1? its not, not even close, its very very shallow in comparison. by level 30 (which comes fast) you essentially see everything it has to offer. Guild Wars 1 had alot of skill hunting gained over alot of play, potentially crazy different combinations. "We dont want you to feel like your swinging your sword over and over" - GW2 dev quote. and yet, game me no new weapon skills to choose. what I used at level 1 I used at level 80 with no variation (I mean within weapons.).

Guarantee alot of what you mentioned will be greatly improved upon.

Also, it amazes me why anyone (not saying you) plays a game less than a week to get to lvl 80. I've been playing several weeks, taking my time, enjoying it, and my 1 character is only lvl 30. I think its a bad idea to rush to the end of a NEW game right away. just like with GW1, Arenanet will add more FREE content for the end game. Relax and enjoy the game guys, whats with the freskin' rush?!

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I like it. It's my first MMO. I haven't played it that much due to exams but I'm planning on getting back into it, even if I'm playing on low FPS

ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

Every oneis entitled totheir own opinion.......

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Well I'm enjoying the game, there are issues but it's a fairly new game and things will be tweaked and changes and content added. I think GW2 was intended to be played with the "Enjoy the journey to 80" instead of the "Life starts at 80" like WoW but yeah it's pretty barren at level 80 I guess an alt is all you can really do and lots of people have level 80 alts already too.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Its a great shallow experiance, but that is about it. That light, fluffy journey masks the underlying great design to keep most of its aspects lasting alot longer. After level 30 character progression becomes near non existant. as mentioned by Daniel Dust the other various problems rear their ugly head. But hey" no monthly fee right :roll:"

i guess GW1 was an awful game too. after all, only 20 levels (which you'd achieve halfway through the campaign, nothing hard) and standard gear stats that everyone could have, and access to all skills you wanted, as long as you bought them from the skill trainer.

Are you suggesting that even for a second Guild Wars 2's skill system is anywhere near as interesting/deeps as guild wars 1? its not, not even close, its very very shallow in comparison. by level 30 (which comes fast) you essentially see everything it has to offer. Guild Wars 1 had alot of skill hunting gained over alot of play, potentially crazy different combinations. "We dont want you to feel like your swinging your sword over and over" - GW2 dev quote. and yet, game me no new weapon skills to choose. what I used at level 1 I used at level 80 with no variation (I mean within weapons.).

you do realize that GW1's skill pool only got that big over 7 years, right? it wasn't always like that.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BrunoBRS
Well I'm enjoying the game, there are issues but it's a fairly new game and things will be tweaked and changes and content added. I think GW2 was intended to be played with the "Enjoy the journey to 80" instead of the "Life starts at 80" like WoW but yeah it's pretty barren at level 80 I guess an alt is all you can really do and lots of people have level 80 alts already too.JohnF111
nah, there's a lot to do at 80. but those things are things you had access before that. there isn't much in the term of "level 80 only please" stuff. but just because you are a certain level doesn't mean you shouldn't go to content that's on a lower level than you. aside from the very early areas, level scaling is done pretty well, so it's still fun to explore new areas at 80.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 vfibsux

The problem is past MMOs have gotten people hooked on needing carrots to chase in order to play. They cannot just play to have fun, they need something to "work" for even if it includes beating on the same stupid mob in the same stupid dungeon over and over.

If you are of the WoW mentality and need a reason to play other than just to have fun, GW2 is not for you. If you need to be able to perch your toon at the busiest entrance to the most hopping population hub in order to show off your new gear you just spent 100000 hours grinding for......GW2 is not for you.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] It was, it's also the first MMO ever to get worse after launch instead of better. Speaking of broken, you just broke this page with your gif.DanielDust

It will get better......compare the original GW with how it turned out even just a couple years later, major improvements on all fronts.

Yes, I've run into some bugs but I guarantee most will be addressed within a month or so. The 9/25 already removed the bug on Skrit Boss Skill Point in Queensland, which was the only thing preventing me from finishing area.

..........that bug didn't exist on launch, just like a lot of things that get constantly broken......some more dots.....the problem isn't the game having bugs, it's the game "MAKING NEW BUGS", maybe if I write it like that you'll understand what the actual problem is, most of the things that are and will be broken WORKED, ARE WORKING, WILL WORK, but THEY WILL BE BROKEN RANDOMLY. Things that you completed yesterday aren't working today for everyone else and vice versa. They don't remove bugs, they fix what was previously not broken, they're terrible at keeping the integrity of this game. This is not about the game becoming better, they'd first have to stop breaking it, only then will they be able to actually get to fixing real bugs and to implement new content into the game.

no mmorpg is bugless at launch, it has less than a month ffs.

they will get fixed eventually

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Well I'm enjoying the game, there are issues but it's a fairly new game and things will be tweaked and changes and content added. I think GW2 was intended to be played with the "Enjoy the journey to 80" instead of the "Life starts at 80" like WoW but yeah it's pretty barren at level 80 I guess an alt is all you can really do and lots of people have level 80 alts already too.BrunoBRS
nah, there's a lot to do at 80. but those things are things you had access before that. there isn't much in the term of "level 80 only please" stuff. but just because you are a certain level doesn't mean you shouldn't go to content that's on a lower level than you. aside from the very early areas, level scaling is done pretty well, so it's still fun to explore new areas at 80.

When GW1 was released each profession had 75 skills to choose from. Then there was the dual class mechanic.

151*150*149*148*147*146*145*144="Oh gosh, someone fetch me a calculator!"

And if that wasnt enough, once you reach Crystal Desert you will start unlock all the other sub professions. Yes, there are plenty of combos available in GW2, the cooldown for your utilities and elitet skills are usually so long they really dont have much of an impact.

Overall, Guild Wars 2 doesnt feel quite as varied as the original. Oh, and GW1 had 8 man parties.

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#62 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

I haven't experienced all that many glitches in the game at all. I can think of two instances (coincidentally, they were in instances), where monsters I would fight would disappear into walls and I'd have to either restart or wait for them to come out. I've been playing for about three weeks (mainly just on weekends), and I'm only level 48, so my friends are basically all level 80 and don't really want to play with me any more, so I'm playing solo, which is kinda dull at times. It's a really fun game, but I have to agree that the glitches are very annoying.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BrunoBRS

I haven't experienced all that many glitches in the game at all. I can think of two instances (coincidentally, they were in instances), where monsters I would fight would disappear into walls and I'd have to either restart or wait for them to come out. I've been playing for about three weeks (mainly just on weekends), and I'm only level 48, so my friends are basically all level 80 and don't really want to play with me any more, so I'm playing solo, which is kinda dull at times. It's a really fun game, but I have to agree that the glitches are very annoying.

AjaxNeron
your friends suck. level downscaling is there for that :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

Its a great shallow experiance, but that is about it. That light, fluffy journey masks the underlying BAD overall design that keeps most of its aspects lasting alot longer. After level 30 character progression becomes near non existant. as mentioned by Daniel Dust the other various problems rear their ugly head. But hey" no monthly fee right :roll:"

vfibsux
The game was never meant to be a carrot chaser, there are plenty of other MMO's for that. No different than people complaining there are no epic dungeon raids to grind over and over for gear. I say GOOD.

So why even make it an mmo in the first place if you don't want people to play long term or encourage group content with tactics and abit of thought? (Realm v Realm is NOT that.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i guess GW1 was an awful game too. after all, only 20 levels (which you'd achieve halfway through the campaign, nothing hard) and standard gear stats that everyone could have, and access to all skills you wanted, as long as you bought them from the skill trainer.AFBrat77

Also, it amazes me why anyone (not saying you) plays a game less than a week to get to lvl 80. I've been playing several weeks, taking my time, enjoying it, and my 1 character is only lvl 30. I think its a bad idea to rush to the end of a NEW game right away. just like with GW1, Arenanet will add more FREE content for the end game. Relax and enjoy the game guys, whats with the freskin' rush?!

You cant say it is Rushing though, people like to play different ammounts, you seem very VERY slow, much slower than even the average, I don't know what you do in these games, but pretty much anything in guild Wars 2 throws experiance at you, and the game is mostly challengeless the entire way... so it just goes by as a breeze to seasoned mmo/rpg gamers. There is no VALID reason why this game does not have a good end-game other than they run out of time, and it will eventually come, its shooting themselves in the foot and many of their consumors. But what I TRULY believe is, there is no good PvE End-game BECAUSE the lack of holy trinity..... the dungeon fights are a mess, unimaginitive and limited, waypoint spawns being allowed is also ridiculous. There is just no intelligent design behind it.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]

Its a great shallow experiance, but that is about it. That light, fluffy journey masks the underlying BAD overall design that keeps most of its aspects lasting alot longer. After level 30 character progression becomes near non existant. as mentioned by Daniel Dust the other various problems rear their ugly head. But hey" no monthly fee right :roll:"

MBirdy88

The game was never meant to be a carrot chaser, there are plenty of other MMO's for that. No different than people complaining there are no epic dungeon raids to grind over and over for gear. I say GOOD.

So why even make it an mmo in the first place if you don't want people to play long term or encourage group content with tactics and abit of thought? (Realm v Realm is NOT that.)

there's no monthly fee, so there's no need to keep hoards of people on a boring treadmill for gear. People can play at their own leisure

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Are you suggesting that even for a second Guild Wars 2's skill system is anywhere near as interesting/deeps as guild wars 1? its not, not even close, its very very shallow in comparison. by level 30 (which comes fast) you essentially see everything it has to offer. Guild Wars 1 had alot of skill hunting gained over alot of play, potentially crazy different combinations. "We dont want you to feel like your swinging your sword over and over" - GW2 dev quote. and yet, game me no new weapon skills to choose. what I used at level 1 I used at level 80 with no variation (I mean within weapons.).MBirdy88

You cant say it is Rushing though, people like to play different ammounts, you seem very VERY slow, much slower than even the average, I don't know what you do in these games, but pretty much anything in guild Wars 2 throws experiance at you, and the game is mostly challengeless the entire way... so it just goes by as a breeze to seasoned mmo/rpg gamers. There is no VALID reason why this game does not have a good end-game other than they run out of time, and it will eventually come, its shooting themselves in the foot and many of their consumors. But what I TRULY believe is, there is no good PvE End-game BECAUSE the lack of holy trinity..... the dungeon fights are a mess, unimaginitive and limited, waypoint spawns being allowed is also ridiculous. There is just no intelligent design behind it.

I simply don't play 24/7 I work full-time and my free time isn't always taken up by GW2. When I'm in the game I take my time and enjoy it, not rush to the end to keep up with others. The game will be going strong for years no need to rush through it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="vfibsux"] The game was never meant to be a carrot chaser, there are plenty of other MMO's for that. No different than people complaining there are no epic dungeon raids to grind over and over for gear. I say GOOD.wis3boi

there's no monthly fee, so there's no need to keep hoards of people on a boring treadmill for gear. People can play at their own leisure

I think soon many people wont play at all, Zerg fests are only fun for so long
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AFBrat77

To be honest with you guys I've never understood the WoW love.....I'd take Guild Wars 1 and 2 over it any day.

I honestly feel sorry for people addicted to WoW, Blizzard has you where they want you.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] So why even make it an mmo in the first place if you don't want people to play long term or encourage group content with tactics and abit of thought? (Realm v Realm is NOT that.)Advid-Gamer

sounds like you played till level 5 and quit

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

11 actually, was all I could do before I was to bored to continue. Usually I try to give mmos more time because I know they suck at the beginning , but there is nothing to look forward to, if it sucks at 11 for me it will be no different at 80.
Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

To be honest with you guys I've never understood the WoW love.....I'd take Guild Wars 1 and 2 over it any day.

I honestly feel sorry for people addicted to WoW, Blizzard has you where they want you.

AFBrat77
Titan kills everything.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

AFBrat77
Whats with the "Wow, these folks don't enjoy games the same way I do, I pity them!"? It simply came off as being high and mighty as well as pretty condescending. Don't mean to offend you specifically but I find it a very curious and very prevalent behaviour in game forums.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] I think soon many people wont play at all, Zerg fests are only fun for so long Advid-Gamer

11 actually, was all I could do before I was to bored to continue. Usually I try to give mmos more time because I know they suck at the beginning , but there is nothing to look forward to, if it sucks at 11 for me it will be no different at 80.

lol.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 wis3boi

BrunoBRS

lol.

yeah I'm at a loss here...halfway through the noob zone and qutting....:lol:

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] 11 actually, was all I could do before I was to bored to continue. Usually I try to give mmos more time because I know they suck at the beginning , but there is nothing to look forward to, if it sucks at 11 for me it will be no different at 80. wis3boi

lol.

but hey, he almost got to unlock his traits. that counts for something, right?
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] I think soon many people wont play at all, Zerg fests are only fun for so long Advid-Gamer

dude you didn't give the game a chance....not even to the second area and barely through the storyline if you did that. You just started traits, your weapons are crap at that lvl, and I'm very sure you didn't start crafting or enter dungeons.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

mirgamer

Whats with the "Wow, these folks don't enjoy games the same way I do, I pity them!"? It simply came off as being high and mighty as well as pretty condescending. Don't mean to offend you specifically but I find it a very curious and very prevalent behaviour in game forums.

Didn't mean to sound that way, but often people seem to criticize the GW games for not being WoW.....and I say thats a good thing

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#79 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I'm at 28 now and GW2 is way more fun than I thought it would be. I don't play every day , though, so when I do play, its still kind of fresh. I love the whole "get exp for everything" vibe, especially non combat stuff like crafting and mining/gathering and exploring.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] lol.BrunoBRS

but hey, he almost got to unlock his traits. that counts for something, right?

yep he gets a gold star sticker even i gave APB and star trek online a chance to sell themselves till i was half way to cap or higher.. you jsut dun quit before it started getting going.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 BrunoBRS

AFBrat77

dude you didn't give the game a chance....not even to the second area and barely through the storyline if you did that. You just started traits, your weapons are crap at that lvl, and I'm very sure you didn't start crafting or enter dungeons.

i'd say you don't really get "into" traits until level 20-30, when you have enough points to pick some major traits. and that's still scratching the surface of the trait system.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ionusX

I'm at 28 now and GW2 is way more fun than I thought it would be. I don't play every day , though, so when I do play, its still kind of fresh. I love the whole "get exp for everything" vibe, especially non combat stuff like crafting and mining/gathering and exploring.Allicrombie
im 65 atm on ym second character i ahve a single lvl 80. im working on two guardians of different races 1st. im trying different things with each. ill then roll two elementalists and pick one to snuggle with.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I'm at 28 now and GW2 is way more fun than I thought it would be. I don't play every day , though, so when I do play, its still kind of fresh. I love the whole "get exp for everything" vibe, especially non combat stuff like crafting and mining/gathering and exploring.ionusX

im 65 atm on ym second character i ahve a single lvl 80. im working on two guardians of different races 1st. im trying different things with each. ill then roll two elementalists and pick one to snuggle with.

I have a level 9 elementalist. Its okay, but mages (like elems and mesmers) seem terribly squishy and seem like it takes a lot more work to get more out of, though that could just be me.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I'm at 28 now and GW2 is way more fun than I thought it would be. I don't play every day , though, so when I do play, its still kind of fresh. I love the whole "get exp for everything" vibe, especially non combat stuff like crafting and mining/gathering and exploring.Allicrombie

I have a level 9 elementalist. Its okay, but mages (like elems and mesmers) seem terribly squishy and seem like it takes a lot more work to get more out of, though that could just be me.

im finding that if you can grasp dodging and picking the right times to hit speed buffs elementalsits (and probably mesmers too) can be a heck of an annoying SoB to a single target. they seem to have the majority of their multi-target spells and skills aligned toward a big meaty heavy plated class watching their posterior

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I'm at 28 now and GW2 is way more fun than I thought it would be. I don't play every day , though, so when I do play, its still kind of fresh. I love the whole "get exp for everything" vibe, especially non combat stuff like crafting and mining/gathering and exploring.Allicrombie

no, that's not just you. i think eles might be too squishy for their own good, which kinda gets in the way of soloing or using short range weapons, at least early on (level 15 with mine and still struggling). as for mesmers, the clones counter the squishiness, but they are late blossomers. it's not until you can get all the cool trait side effects that you can start causing mayhem with illusions (as the cIass is originally designed for). it's why people have this impression that mesmer is amazing on PvP, but weak on PvE. they're not different, it just takes time to get to the PvP mesmer level of amazingness.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="ionusX"] im 65 atm on ym second character i ahve a single lvl 80. im working on two guardians of different races 1st. im trying different things with each. ill then roll two elementalists and pick one to snuggle with.BrunoBRS

no, that's not just you. i think eles might be too squishy for their own good, which kinda gets in the way of soloing or using short range weapons, at least early on (level 15 with mine and still struggling). as for mesmers, the clones counter the squishiness, but they are late blossomers. it's not until you can get all the cool trait side effects that you can start causing mayhem with illusions (as the cIass is originally designed for). it's why people have this impression that mesmer is amazing on PvP, but weak on PvE. they're not different, it just takes time to get to the PvP mesmer level of amazingness.

Yeah, I've heard Mesmers were late bloomers, I do plan to try again though, I only got a Mesmer to 11 or so before I did the ranger thing, as I wanted to experience more of the game in a more timely fashion.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

I like guildwars 2 but it just doesnt have enough skill variation for me like the first guildwars did or secret world.

Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

You're missing the point entirely, you shouldn't enjoy them because you're getting experience, you should enjoy them "period", this is for people that actually appreciate good PvE and exploration.

BSC14

I'm not missing anything. Exploration is great but not exploration for no reason. Running from square to square trying to find a way up a mountain for no reason other than xp is not great PvE or great exploration. It's nothing but a time sink.

MMOs are built upon time sinks. Their foundation is time sinks. They are time sinks. The question is whether you enjoy a particular time sink. I for one could really enjoy exploration without even an achivement as a goal. But I can't stand end game dungeons for example, I mean the first time is great but I can't stand doing a dungeon, the same content second time because it feels so coerced and boring yet people can do it for months, sinking their time and enjoying themselves.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

You're missing the point entirely, you shouldn't enjoy them because you're getting experience, you should enjoy them "period", this is for people that actually appreciate good PvE and exploration.

Requem

I'm not missing anything. Exploration is great but not exploration for no reason. Running from square to square trying to find a way up a mountain for no reason other than xp is not great PvE or great exploration. It's nothing but a time sink.

MMOs are built upon time sinks. Their foundation is time sinks. They are time sinks. The question is whether you enjoy a particular time sink. I for one could really enjoy exploration without even an achivement as a goal. But I can't stand end game dungeons for example, I mean the first time is great but I can't stand doing a dungeon, the same content second time because it feels so coerced and boring yet people can do it for months, sinking their time and enjoying themselves.

I hear that. Its very difficult for me to do the same dungeon x number of times hoping for a 1% drop or whatever the ridiculous chance is. I honestly don't know how people do it.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ionusX

[QUOTE="Requem"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

Allicrombie

I hear that. Its very difficult for me to do the same dungeon x number of times hoping for a 1% drop or whatever the ridiculous chance is. I honestly don't know how people do it.

it comes with practice in singleplayer games. plenty of SP games have this exact dilema and its annoying

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Maroxad

MBirdy88

Implying raids took tactics?

Reacting to scripted events and boss attacks is not tacitcs. My brother raided when he was 8.

WoW PvP took tactics however, then again, so does GW2 WvW if you play the dang thing correctly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

wis3boi

Its ALWAYS a zerg fest.... even at 80.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 vfibsux

MBirdy88

Obviously it is doing well without you so they got something right.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 vfibsux
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Level 11, whoa! So you played a whole hour and claim to know all the content in this game is boring. If it's not for you great, no one cares.....but predicting its demise from 11 levels of play is stupid.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="Requem"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

Allicrombie

For some reason that was very addicting to do with Diablo 2, at least for me

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 vfibsux
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] I think soon many people wont play at all, Zerg fests are only fun for so long MBirdy88

You won't EVER have a realm vs realm type game and have it NOT be a zergfest. Warhammer and Daoc were no different. Saying that, people like you mindlessly run with the zerg then qq zergfest. Ever belong to a guild that vents and runs its own hit and run groups around the zergs? You can avoid the zergs and play strategically, tactically, and smart. Or you can de de deeeeeee with the zerg. You choose how to play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

vfibsux

You won't EVER have a realm vs realm type game and have it NOT be a zergfest. Warhammer and Daoc were no different. Saying that, people like you mindlessly run with the zerg then qq zergfest. Ever belong to a guild that vents and runs its own hit and run groups around the zergs? You can avoid the zergs and play strategically, tactically, and smart. Or you can de de deeeeeee with the zerg. You choose how to play.

Captain obvious or just overly defensive? So, your essentially saying we have to organize teams and scheldule hit and runs, much like, oh I don't know RAIDING. playing to a schedule, having to comit proper time ect ect. Sounds like Hypocrisy to me. But then, I don't find attacking door bosses fun, or the overall concept of realm v realm as it has little noticable effect on the world and was fun for a few hours. not lasting competitive play. that just gets whiped. Even the PvE is a zerg fest or a waypoint run chaotic lawless mess. I found the game fun, but there is nothing to keep playing for. Its all about giving people like you and the rest of hypers a flashy shallow upfront experiance and then being done with it. Thats fine, you like a very casual game which you can put down. But if you don't want to put it down there is near no insentive, which is not something a game like this should be praised for by anyone other than extreme casuals that get jealous of people with better stuff and have to actually work abit to see bonus content.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
How can anyone defend the horrible ending and dungeon? it was so weak. this game doesn't smell completely of roses. Most of it is literally up front flash.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Maroxad

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Its ALWAYS a zerg fest.... even at 80.MBirdy88

Captain obvious or just overly defensive? So, your essentially saying we have to organize teams and scheldule hit and runs, much like, oh I don't know RAIDING. playing to a schedule, having to comit proper time ect ect. Sounds like Hypocrisy to me. But then, I don't find attacking door bosses fun, or the overall concept of realm v realm as it has little noticable effect on the world and was fun for a few hours. not lasting competitive play. that just gets whiped. Even the PvE is a zerg fest or a waypoint run chaotic lawless mess. I found the game fun, but there is nothing to keep playing for. Its all about giving people like you and the rest of hypers a flashy shallow upfront experiance and then being done with it. Thats fine, you like a very casual game which you can put down. But if you don't want to put it down there is near no insentive, which is not something a game like this should be praised for by anyone other than extreme casuals that get jealous of people with better stuff and have to actually work abit to see bonus content.

Who said anything about going after the keeps?

In fact, some of the most useful players in a WvW scenrio are those who go for things that arent keeps and castles. People who sabotage the enemy lines effectively crippling their supply.

The problem, from the way I see it is that you came in with the WoW mentality.

Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts
im in my mid 50s on my first character, still having a blast. Ive barely touched the WvWvW (played only a few hours of it) mostly level in pve, and havent tried any of the dungeons yet. i had 3 80s in wow, all of them pvp geared and all with starter raid gear (basically a step above heroic dungeon gear) when i quit right after they implemented the raid finder, and i saw all the changes they were making with MOP to the abilities. the real reason i think why many hate gw2 is because they are used to the gear advantages of wow. no matter how good you are, if you are starting out pvp in wow you will have to suffer through countless losses getting your gear to have a fighting chance (unless you are playing one of the useless pvp classes and not the flavor of the month, then youre just screwed). case in point, in a 2v2 arena i was using my pally and my buddy was on his DK. buddy disconnects, but his character is still in limbo, right as the door opens and the 2 guys on the other team target him. i kill them both in seconds, alone. not because im good, but because i had the best pvp gear you could get at the time and they were in pve gear apparently. people miss feeling like they are great because of the huge gear advantages that were in wow. i miss it too, but i have no delusions that my gear was a major factor over many of my wins, unless i was on my hunter, then every win i had to play my ass off because hunters just plain suck in arenas (or used to, dont know about now)