I just don't get all the GW2 love.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

First MMO where I reached level 80. It is quite a great game, with several issues right now. By the way, glad to see DanielDust still spouting his moronic nonsense. millerlight89
Only a moron would not see those flaws and I'm happy the GW 2 community isn't actually full of morons like this forum might show, they actually crticise all these flaws constantly, forum and in game.

Never thought an ignorant prick such as yourself would ever join the elite few "moron club" of a game, I guess there's a first for everything.

8BitKila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 8BitKila
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

For one thing I think that skills based off of weapon choice is just crappy. Feels very limiting to me and for the life of me I can not see why people would like this.

BSC14

It allows you to adjust your playstyle according to the circumstances. If you're a caster who normally shoots staff beams from afar, there might be some cases where you need to pull a sword out for some slice and dice, and this system allows you to do that on the fly.

And what's fun about gettingxpfor running around taking in the views? I don't get why anyone in their right mind would say...."man I can't wait to to run across the map to that roof over there"....then they make their way up to the top an get theirxpfor looking off the ledge and think..."MAN THAT WAS FUN!!!".

BSC14

Every MMO I've played gives XP for discovering new areas. If you can give someone directions, it's because you're experienced and familiar with the area.

I also think that while everyone is aching to move the trinity out ofMMOsit really needs to be replaced with another system if some kind. Not just a button mashing free for all with no organized combat that just fell like abeatemup button mashing arcade game.

And regardless of what anyone says there really is not any endgame.PvPis not endgame...sorry but you can do that at aroundlvl2 or something. So what do you do when you hit 80? With only a few dungeons (and no real rewards for doing them) and nothing else there is no reason to try and move up.

BSC14

If you want less button mashing and more end game, then you're not looking hard enough. There are plenty areas in the game that require a combination of manuvering and battle tactics, and obtaining the end game rewards for any class will take hundreds if not thousands of hours to complete.

The game does it's job at providing a breath of fresh air to a genre dominated by a single franchise for the better part of the past decade, and in many ways advances it a step into the right direction. It's the anti-WoW in just about every way you could make it, and that's precisely what's needed for the lot of people who've been tied to the same system for the past 10 years.

SharkheadHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 SharkheadHD
Member since 2012 • 227 Posts

I have tried to like the game....and tried and tried but it's just not happening. I just don't see why people think it's so great.BSC14

Well for one I move my character to a lot of different places so she always has something fresh to do. And I've seen a of people really enjoy collecting views and figuring out how to reach them, me included. I guess this game is not your thing, a person shouldn't have to try to like a game, the liking should come naturally.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

If you like fantasy MMOs and you don't love Guild Wars 2, honestly, you are doing it wrong. I'll get to that.

I'm surprised there is as much love for GW2 in the forums as it is. The game is amazing, but it's so good I don't even bother to post. The only reason I'm here now is the servers are down for an hour -- an entirely rare occurrence.

MMOs aren't for everyone, but GW2 is as close as it's ever been. If you think there are better fantasy MMOs out there, your subjective opinion is objectively wrong. You haven't found YOUR class yet. You haven't found your niche, your style, or your understanding of how GW2 actually works.

Classes are easy to play, and the game doesn't do a good job of punishing you if you simply press random buttons or use the same few skills over and over. If you play this game like WoW, you're basically trying to hammer a nail using a wrench and then wondering why the wrench maker is so stupid for its inability to fashion a tool to drive a nail into a board. However, eventually when you learn how to use this new tool, it's going to click -- and then a GW2 fan you shall be.

You need to retrain your brain.

Over a month in and the honeymoon is still going strong.

Erebus

4/10, well written and actually thought about replying for a second there. Too obvious though, sounds too much like a blind fanboy, only difference is that it sounds like an educated blind fanboy.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]First MMO where I reached level 80. It is quite a great game, with several issues right now. By the way, glad to see DanielDust still spouting his moronic nonsense. DanielDust

Only a moron would not see those flaws and I'm happy the GW 2 community isn't actually full of morons like this forum might show, they actually crticise all these flaws constantly, forum and in game.

Never thought an ignorant prick such as yourself would ever join the elite few "moron club" of a game, I guess there's a first for everything.

you really need some happy pills. God forbid someone looks at someting in a different light than you. Get a grip

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#156 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]First MMO where I reached level 80. It is quite a great game, with several issues right now. By the way, glad to see DanielDust still spouting his moronic nonsense. wis3boi

you really need some happy pills. God forbid someone looks at someting in a different light than you. Get a grip

daniel is always mad.. i personnally have a theory that hes a valentine alt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ud7T4Zhxh4

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]First MMO where I reached level 80. It is quite a great game, with several issues right now. By the way, glad to see DanielDust still spouting his moronic nonsense. wis3boi

Different light? did you take "your" pills? I don't see millerlight being negative about the game, do you?

It's one thing to blindly praise a game and it's another to consider it great and to want its severe flaws fixed, or what, you think I hate GW 2? I doubt you think that, it'd be pretty damn stupid.

And ionusX, find another hobby, your trolling and theories always suck bad, try other things.

To end my posting chain in this thread, since I'm sick of so much stupidity, you people don't even want this game to become good, besides the fact that you have no clue what you're talking about:

"You are full of sht, game is super mega amazing, because I just started playing/barely got to 80 and I saw none of what you complained about, after you completed it 100% and did everything in the entire game except the final legendary grind" - it all comes down to that utter stupidity. No matter how objective you think you are, there are gamebreaking bugs, game is filled with them, dungeons are sht, especially the last one and when you people will finally get to that point, months after this day (looking at the pace you're going), you will see that it wasn't an exaggeration to read/hear about it being the worst experience ever in gaming for a certain person...what am I talking about, you're avoiding that on purpose since that's exactly what you hear non stop in game on the chat, people that get involved in this game, people that don't take it up from behind not caring about the real potential of this game, just because you're too daft to care.

Wasn't mad, just amazed, by how ignorant you people are, if you want GW 2 to become what it truly can become you need to get involved, you're naive if you hide behind a "don't care, good enough for my mediocre taste" and "they promissed, so it's kay, not gonna care".

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#158 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

WoW killer

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] Only a moron would not see those flaws and I'm happy the GW 2 community isn't actually full of morons like this forum might show, they actually crticise all these flaws constantly, forum and in game.

ionusX

That's not even worth a decent response...Dont try and bash me because the forum has been ganging up on you in your WoW bashing and GW2 hyping topics. Go disappear from the thread again like you did in the WoW topic on the front page when everyone started calling you out lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

First MMO where I reached level 80. It is quite a great game, with several issues right now. By the way, glad to see DanielDust still spouting his moronic nonsense. millerlight89

That explains why you like it so much, you are a noob and dont know what a good mmo is.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#161 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

WoW killer

-Unreal-
why would i be watching GW2 streams when i could be playing it?
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#162 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]First MMO where I reached level 80. It is quite a great game, with several issues right now. By the way, glad to see DanielDust still spouting his moronic nonsense. Advid-Gamer

That explains why you like it so much, you are a noob and dont know what a good mmo is.

why do you alway need to be such an ass in every gw2 thread?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]First MMO where I reached level 80. It is quite a great game, with several issues right now. By the way, glad to see DanielDust still spouting his moronic nonsense. Franko_3

why do you alway need to be such an ass in every gw2 thread?

because he played for the entirety of 3 hours, he's not going to let that time invested into the game go to waste. he's earned his right to be an ass through his vast experience with the game.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#164 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

V4LENT1NE

That's not even worth a decent response...Dont try and bash me because the forum has been ganging up on you in your WoW bashing and GW2 hyping topics. Go disappear from the thread again like you did in the WoW topic on the front page when everyone started calling you out lol.

Now now, let's save the drama for when I can actually read and enjoy it,
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

WoW killer

BrunoBRS

Yes, no one is interested in Door Wars 2 anymore.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#166 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

WoW killer

-Unreal-

Your a sad panda in that you cannot simply enjoy your game and leave others to enjoy theirs. I hate WoW, I love GW2, obviously it is the opposite for you. I cannot for the life of me think of the day I would troll WoW threads to make me feel better about myself for not liking it. To say no one is interested in GW2 anymore is ignorant, period.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 vfibsux

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]First MMO where I reached level 80. It is quite a great game, with several issues right now. By the way, glad to see DanielDust still spouting his moronic nonsense. Advid-Gamer

Pretty sad this is what Gamespot has turned into.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#168 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Le sighe (because the English side is ruined). The only real downsides with playing GW2 is having to deal with the bane of the MMO community. The entitled elitist that doesnt realize their status being that of a vocal minority. "Oh my opinion is more important than yours!", "go bak 2 wow", "I've been raiding tier whatevz in WoW Listen 2 me nub!", "I died in a 1v1, therefore X is OP - make the baddie stop!", "Hey Anet, imo, I think ur game isnt finished, so we're testing the game for you and now u have to to everything we say!!!!!". Once it starts, it almost always leads to insult, and quickly too. It's funny, because the only reason why insults are being thrown out is due to the fact that people are different, and being intolerant of such differences other than the fact that they're -different-, is the thing that leads to insult. Crazy, I know.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]Le sighe (because the English side is ruined). The only real downsides with playing GW2 is having to deal with the bane of the MMO community. The entitled elitist that doesnt realize their status being that of a vocal minority. "Oh my opinion is more important than yours!", "go bak 2 wow", "I've been raiding tier whatevz in WoW Listen 2 me nub!", "I died in a 1v1, therefore X is OP - make the baddie stop!", "Hey Anet, imo, I think ur game isnt finished, so we're testing the game for you and now u have to to everything we say!!!!!". Once it starts, it almost always leads to insult, and quickly too. It's funny, because the only reason why insults are being thrown out is due to the fact that people are different, and being intolerant of such differences other than the fact that they're -different-, is the thing that leads to insult. Crazy, I know.

Gamers in general are scum, I meet a few cool people, but there are tons of trolls just like these forums that bring out the worst in people. When I played wow, I stayed out of trade chat. I have to remember that 99% of the time I am just arguing with children
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#170 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]Le sighe (because the English side is ruined). The only real downsides with playing GW2 is having to deal with the bane of the MMO community. The entitled elitist that doesnt realize their status being that of a vocal minority. "Oh my opinion is more important than yours!", "go bak 2 wow", "I've been raiding tier whatevz in WoW Listen 2 me nub!", "I died in a 1v1, therefore X is OP - make the baddie stop!", "Hey Anet, imo, I think ur game isnt finished, so we're testing the game for you and now u have to to everything we say!!!!!". Once it starts, it almost always leads to insult, and quickly too. It's funny, because the only reason why insults are being thrown out is due to the fact that people are different, and being intolerant of such differences other than the fact that they're -different-, is the thing that leads to insult. Crazy, I know.

Gamers in general are scum, I meet a few cool people, but there are tons of trolls just like these forums that bring out the worst in people. When I played wow, I stayed out of trade chat. I have to remember that 99% of the time I am just arguing with children

Have you seen the WoW forums? That place makes this board look like Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
SharkheadHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 SharkheadHD
Member since 2012 • 227 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]Le sighe (because the English side is ruined). The only real downsides with playing GW2 is having to deal with the bane of the MMO community. The entitled elitist that doesnt realize their status being that of a vocal minority. "Oh my opinion is more important than yours!", "go bak 2 wow", "I've been raiding tier whatevz in WoW Listen 2 me nub!", "I died in a 1v1, therefore X is OP - make the baddie stop!", "Hey Anet, imo, I think ur game isnt finished, so we're testing the game for you and now u have to to everything we say!!!!!". Once it starts, it almost always leads to insult, and quickly too. It's funny, because the only reason why insults are being thrown out is due to the fact that people are different, and being intolerant of such differences other than the fact that they're -different-, is the thing that leads to insult. Crazy, I know.Allicrombie

Have you seen the WoW forums? That place makes this board look like Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

So the WoW forums = Compton? Doubtful.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 -Unreal-
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] why would i be watching GW2 streams when i could be playing it?vfibsux

Your a sad panda in that you cannot simply enjoy your game and leave others to enjoy theirs. I hate WoW, I love GW2, obviously it is the opposite for you. I cannot for the life of me think of the day I would troll WoW threads to make me feel better about myself for not liking it. To say no one is interested in GW2 anymore is ignorant, period.

Why can't you enjoy sharing your opinion and leave me to enjoy sharing mines? I hate DW2, I love WoW, obviously it is the opposite for you. I cannot for the life of me understand why you can't accept that this is a forum for sharing opinions and that I have as much right to share my opinion that DW2 failed and everyone abandoned it as you do about anything else PC games related.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 vfibsux
[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]Le sighe (because the English side is ruined). The only real downsides with playing GW2 is having to deal with the bane of the MMO community. The entitled elitist that doesnt realize their status being that of a vocal minority. "Oh my opinion is more important than yours!", "go bak 2 wow", "I've been raiding tier whatevz in WoW Listen 2 me nub!", "I died in a 1v1, therefore X is OP - make the baddie stop!", "Hey Anet, imo, I think ur game isnt finished, so we're testing the game for you and now u have to to everything we say!!!!!". Once it starts, it almost always leads to insult, and quickly too. It's funny, because the only reason why insults are being thrown out is due to the fact that people are different, and being intolerant of such differences other than the fact that they're -different-, is the thing that leads to insult. Crazy, I know.

Dude, you're talking about yourself! Look at your posts on gw2 alone, omg are you really this blind??
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 vfibsux
[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"]Yes, no one is interested in Door Wars 2 anymore. -Unreal-

Why can't you enjoy sharing your opinion and leave me to enjoy sharing mines? I hate DW2, I love WoW, obviously it is the opposite for you. I cannot for the life of me understand why you can't accept that this is a forum for sharing opinions and that I have as much right to share my opinion that DW2 failed and everyone abandoned it as you do about anything else PC games related.

Maybe because you are being an *** about it? I am happy for people enjoying the "panda expansion", good for you. The day I take 5 min out of my life to troll you over it is the day pigs fly. You on the other hand are here trolling the hell out of GW2. You were doing so before it was even released.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]Le sighe (because the English side is ruined). The only real downsides with playing GW2 is having to deal with the bane of the MMO community. The entitled elitist that doesnt realize their status being that of a vocal minority. "Oh my opinion is more important than yours!", "go bak 2 wow", "I've been raiding tier whatevz in WoW Listen 2 me nub!", "I died in a 1v1, therefore X is OP - make the baddie stop!", "Hey Anet, imo, I think ur game isnt finished, so we're testing the game for you and now u have to to everything we say!!!!!". Once it starts, it almost always leads to insult, and quickly too. It's funny, because the only reason why insults are being thrown out is due to the fact that people are different, and being intolerant of such differences other than the fact that they're -different-, is the thing that leads to insult. Crazy, I know.

i'll be honest, aside from the typical /map insanity (people in that game seem awfully obsessed with diablo 3, for example), the community is very, very friendly. the forums are hit or miss. there are the whiners and elitists you described, but it's usually people giving proper feedback and getting replied by devs.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

i'll be honest, aside from the typical /map insanity (people in that game seem awfully obsessed with diablo 3, for example), the community is very, very friendly. the forums are hit or miss. there are the whiners and elitists you described, but it's usually people giving proper feedback and getting replied by devs.BrunoBRS

Funny enough, during beta of GW2 all I ever heard in the general chat was how much better it was than WoW. It literally never stopped. For WoW, back when Old Republic/Warhammer/Tera/Aion/any other "WoW killer" was mentioned, general chat would flip their sh!t. Tried doing the same yesterday by mentioning GW2 because I wanted to see the reaction, and no one cared. They were too busy enjoying the game. I couldn't provoke a single response.

What the hell is happening to the MMO community...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#177 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="illmatic87"]Le sighe (because the English side is ruined). The only real downsides with playing GW2 is having to deal with the bane of the MMO community. The entitled elitist that doesnt realize their status being that of a vocal minority. "Oh my opinion is more important than yours!", "go bak 2 wow", "I've been raiding tier whatevz in WoW Listen 2 me nub!", "I died in a 1v1, therefore X is OP - make the baddie stop!", "Hey Anet, imo, I think ur game isnt finished, so we're testing the game for you and now u have to to everything we say!!!!!". Once it starts, it almost always leads to insult, and quickly too. It's funny, because the only reason why insults are being thrown out is due to the fact that people are different, and being intolerant of such differences other than the fact that they're -different-, is the thing that leads to insult. Crazy, I know.

Dude, you're talking about yourself! Look at your posts on gw2 alone, omg are you really this blind??

He's even blind about himself, LOL. :P
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"][QUOTE="vfibsux"] Why can't you enjoy sharing your opinion and leave me to enjoy sharing mines? I hate DW2, I love WoW, obviously it is the opposite for you. I cannot for the life of me understand why you can't accept that this is a forum for sharing opinions and that I have as much right to share my opinion that DW2 failed and everyone abandoned it as you do about anything else PC games related.vfibsux
Maybe because you are being an *** about it? I am happy for people enjoying the "panda expansion", good for you.

I'm not the one raging at people for sharing their opinions.

Here's a question for you. For a game you "hate", why do you go into threads which are about it? (not talking about this thread).

The day I take 5 min out of my life to troll you over it is the day pigs fly. You on the other hand are here trolling the hell out of GW2. You were doing so before it was even released.vfibsux

If you're so concerned about people "trolling the hell" out of topics, why have I never seen you dawn your white armour and jump on your steed and ride into a WoW thread and take the other side?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i'll be honest, aside from the typical /map insanity (people in that game seem awfully obsessed with diablo 3, for example), the community is very, very friendly. the forums are hit or miss. there are the whiners and elitists you described, but it's usually people giving proper feedback and getting replied by devs.ChubbyGuy40

Funny enough, during beta of GW2 all I ever heard in the general chat was how much better it was than WoW. It literally never stopped. For WoW, back when Old Republic/Warhammer/Tera/Aion/any other "WoW killer" was mentioned, general chat would flip their sh!t. Tried doing the same yesterday by mentioning GW2 because I wanted to see the reaction, and no one cared. They were too busy enjoying the game. I couldn't provoke a single response.

maybe they're finally realizing that time spent arguing on chat is time not spent raiding :P
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i'll be honest, aside from the typical /map insanity (people in that game seem awfully obsessed with diablo 3, for example), the community is very, very friendly. the forums are hit or miss. there are the whiners and elitists you described, but it's usually people giving proper feedback and getting replied by devs.BrunoBRS

maybe they're finally realizing that time spent arguing on chat is time not spent raiding :P

Raiding...

*shudders*

Never will I do that again on an mmo. Complete waste of time. I am glad GW2 doesnt have that non-sense. In fact, the best 2 things about GW2 imo is the lack of raiding and the lack of a trinity.

inb4 -unreal- calls me a baddie.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ionusX

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Maroxad

Raiding...

*shudders*

Never will I do that again on an mmo. Complete waste of time. I am glad GW2 doesnt have that non-sense. In fact, the best 2 things about GW2 imo is the lack of raiding and the lack of a trinity.

inb4 -unreal- calls me a baddie.

he already will unreal is a 2 bit troll with no origional material

TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 TruedUp
Member since 2002 • 691 Posts
For me, GW2 mechanically is better than WoW. I like the combat more, visuals, environments, questing/heart systems, group interaction, the way the skills are, etc etc etc. I basically think that GW2 is a better overall game compared to WoW, excluding the massive content difference. With that said, I lasted about 2 weeks before I was completely bored with the game. The worst part about it is I have no idea why. I cant explain it. Its is a GREAT game, I enjoyed it MUCH more than WoW, yet I am back to using Diablo 3 as my RPG relief, and I cant stand D3. -_- I dont know if the MMO genre just died on me and I simply get bored by it, but as good as GW2 is/was, I have absolutely no desire to go back to it. Either side of the "arguement" above can call me a "noob", but I play games quite a bit so I dont think the issue is that of being a "casual". Maybe WoW just did MMO so well for so long that it will never be fun intil something completely fresh comes out. I remember when I first played Dark Age of Camelot. I had something like a week-long erection. I miss that feeling when it comes to MMOs.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#183 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="TruedUp"]For me, GW2 mechanically is better than WoW. I like the combat more, visuals, environments, questing/heart systems, group interaction, the way the skills are, etc etc etc. I basically think that GW2 is a better overall game compared to WoW, excluding the massive content difference. With that said, I lasted about 2 weeks before I was completely bored with the game. The worst part about it is I have no idea why. I cant explain it. Its is a GREAT game, I enjoyed it MUCH more than WoW, yet I am back to using Diablo 3 as my RPG relief, and I cant stand D3. -_- I dont know if the MMO genre just died on me and I simply get bored by it, but as good as GW2 is/was, I have absolutely no desire to go back to it. Either side of the "arguement" above can call me a "noob", but I play games quite a bit so I dont think the issue is that of being a "casual". Maybe WoW just did MMO so well for so long that it will never be fun intil something completely fresh comes out. I remember when I first played Dark Age of Camelot. I had something like a week-long erection. I miss that feeling when it comes to MMOs.

Dude. DAoC was brilliant. :D I don't think what you're going through is unheard of. A bit rare but not crazy weird. But that Diablo 3 part went way over my head. :P hehe jk
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"] Maybe because you are being an *** about it? I am happy for people enjoying the "panda expansion", good for you. -Unreal-

I'm not the one raging at people for sharing their opinions.

Here's a question for you. For a game you "hate", why do you go into threads which are about it? (not talking about this thread).

The day I take 5 min out of my life to troll you over it is the day pigs fly. You on the other hand are here trolling the hell out of GW2. You were doing so before it was even released.vfibsux

If you're so concerned about people "trolling the hell" out of topics, why have I never seen you dawn your white armour and jump on your steed and ride into a WoW thread and take the other side?

There is a difference between someone sharing an opinion and someone trolling stating crap like "no one is interested in door wars 2 anymore." That is trolling, plain and simple. And it is not my job to police WoW threads which I care nothing about for trolling. There are plenty of posts in this forum with people saying they don't like GW2 and give their reasons why....without trolling. Find just ONE of those I replied to "raging" their opinion and you get a cookie. If not then shut your trap.
TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 TruedUp
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="TruedUp"]For me, GW2 mechanically is better than WoW. I like the combat more, visuals, environments, questing/heart systems, group interaction, the way the skills are, etc etc etc. I basically think that GW2 is a better overall game compared to WoW, excluding the massive content difference. With that said, I lasted about 2 weeks before I was completely bored with the game. The worst part about it is I have no idea why. I cant explain it. Its is a GREAT game, I enjoyed it MUCH more than WoW, yet I am back to using Diablo 3 as my RPG relief, and I cant stand D3. -_- I dont know if the MMO genre just died on me and I simply get bored by it, but as good as GW2 is/was, I have absolutely no desire to go back to it. Either side of the "arguement" above can call me a "noob", but I play games quite a bit so I dont think the issue is that of being a "casual". Maybe WoW just did MMO so well for so long that it will never be fun intil something completely fresh comes out. I remember when I first played Dark Age of Camelot. I had something like a week-long erection. I miss that feeling when it comes to MMOs.

Dude. DAoC was brilliant. :D I don't think what you're going through is unheard of. A bit rare but not crazy weird. But that Diablo 3 part went way over my head. :P hehe jk

I really dont know why Im still playing Diablo 3. I hate that game.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="TruedUp"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="TruedUp"]For me, GW2 mechanically is better than WoW. I like the combat more, visuals, environments, questing/heart systems, group interaction, the way the skills are, etc etc etc. I basically think that GW2 is a better overall game compared to WoW, excluding the massive content difference. With that said, I lasted about 2 weeks before I was completely bored with the game. The worst part about it is I have no idea why. I cant explain it. Its is a GREAT game, I enjoyed it MUCH more than WoW, yet I am back to using Diablo 3 as my RPG relief, and I cant stand D3. -_- I dont know if the MMO genre just died on me and I simply get bored by it, but as good as GW2 is/was, I have absolutely no desire to go back to it. Either side of the "arguement" above can call me a "noob", but I play games quite a bit so I dont think the issue is that of being a "casual". Maybe WoW just did MMO so well for so long that it will never be fun intil something completely fresh comes out. I remember when I first played Dark Age of Camelot. I had something like a week-long erection. I miss that feeling when it comes to MMOs.

I really dont know why Im still playing Diablo 3. I hate that game.

if you liked DAoC, did you by any chance try WvW on GW2? fort aspenwood recently has really short queue times (sometimes no queue at all), despite still being somewhat decent according to the rankings.
TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 TruedUp
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] if you liked DAoC, did you by any chance try WvW on GW2? fort aspenwood recently has really short queue times (sometimes no queue at all), despite still being somewhat decent according to the rankings.

I loved the PvP and WvWvW. Its hard to explain why I cant stick to GW2. I like it, I really do. Or did. But it just didnt hook me. As I mentioned, maybe it was just a bad time for another RPG to come out after dumping 600+ hours into Diablo 3.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#188 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

gw2 must be doing something right to get all these poeple's panties in a bunch

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

to all the haters

deal-with-it-lol-cat.jpg

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 -Unreal-
[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]I'm not the one raging at people for sharing their opinions.

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

There is a difference between someone sharing an opinion and someone trolling stating crap like "no one is interested in door wars 2 anymore." That is trolling, plain and simple. And it is not my job to police WoW threads which I care nothing about for trolling. There are plenty of posts in this forum with people saying they don't like GW2 and give their reasons why....without trolling. Find just ONE of those I replied to "raging" their opinion and you get a cookie. If not then shut your trap.

Like I said, you're quick to jump on me for slating DW2, but when the droves of people have been slating WoW in the same way, I don't see your white knight routine going on then. Funny that. As for your rage, you're raging in that post right there. "Shut your trap" is a clear indication of your frustration at my love for WoW, king of the MMOs 8 years running and destroyer of even the most hyped contenders for the throne (DW2.)
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 -Unreal-

Oh almost forgot. vfibsux, let me know why you go into WoW topics when you "hate" the game.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 -Unreal-

For me, GW2 mechanically is better than WoW. I like the combat more, visuals, environments, questing/heart systems, group interaction, the way the skills are, etc etc etc. I basically think that GW2 is a better overall game compared to WoW, excluding the massive content difference.

With that said, I lasted about 2 weeks before I was completely bored with the game. The worst part about it is I have no idea why. I cant explain it. Its is a GREAT game, I enjoyed it MUCH more than WoW, yet I am back to using Diablo 3 as my RPG relief, and I cant stand D3. -_-

I dont know if the MMO genre just died on me and I simply get bored by it, but as good as GW2 is/was, I have absolutely no desire to go back to it. Either side of the "arguement" above can call me a "noob", but I play games quite a bit so I dont think the issue is that of being a "casual". Maybe WoW just did MMO so well for so long that it will never be fun intil something completely fresh comes out.

I remember when I first played Dark Age of Camelot. I had something like a week-long erection. I miss that feeling when it comes to MMOs.TruedUp

I was going to type out a reply, but one video sprang to mind which sums up most of views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xs2wwN2nKs&feature=plcp

About your "For me, GW2 mechanically is better than WoW" comment, here's a direct link to some of the things I was about to say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4xs2wwN2nKs#t=148s

The first thing I noticed when I played DW2 was the fluidity of the controls. It was abscent. At least in comparison to WoW. When the controls are at the sweet spot, you can do what you want, when you want and move how you want and with that, all the game then comes down to is your ability to play it in terms of using your class, teamwork and environment to win.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#193 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Gotta love respecting others opinions :lol:

TruedUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 TruedUp
was going to type out a reply, but one video sprang to mind which sums up most of views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xs2wwN2nKs&feature=plcp

About your "For me, GW2 mechanically is better than WoW" comment, here's a direct link to some of the things I was about to say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4xs2wwN2nKs#t=148s

The first thing I noticed when I played DW2 was the fluidity of the controls. It was abscent. At least in comparison to WoW. When the controls are at the sweet spot, you can do what you want, when you want and move how you want and with that, all the game then comes down to is your ability to play it in terms of using your class, teamwork and environment to win.

-UnrealI-
Yeah Kripp brings up solid points. Combined, it probably is what contributed to me having no desire to play the game. I played GW2 on my nostromo, and its honestly amazing for it. It fits that game really well so I really liked (personally) the way the game controlled and moved. I still liked the overall feel of GW2 more than WoW, but I cant see myself playing GW2 again. And because Im so unsure as to why, I dont know what it would take for me or people that feel the way I do to come back to it. Im not playing WoW either. Im part of a guild (friends) and everything, they are super hardcore about WoW. However, Im not playing WoW because its been so long since I have, that I feel I would be a detriment at higher levels to those around me and am probably too lazy to relearn the game. In the end, my thought of GW2 is that it is different enough from WoW to co-exist with wow and it is a superb game. Why do lots of people give GW2 love? Because Im sure those poeple genuinely love the game and theres nothing wrong with that. As for WoW, I dont think any MMO will "dethrone" it at this point until wow either died itself or this new Titan that blizzard has been crafting quietly for years takes over.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#195 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Oh almost forgot. vfibsux, let me know why you go into WoW topics when you "hate" the game.

-Unreal-
let me know why you go into GW2 topics when you "hate" the game. I can do it too.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ionusX

gw2 must be doing something right to get all these poeple's panties in a bunch

wis3boi

it is.. it be making everyone not playing it or WoW butthurt

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

Who cares? Titan will destroy GW2.

Bigger Budget. better developers, cooler ideas!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 BrunoBRS

Ravenshout
...what ideas? seriously, as far as i know, "it exists" is all we have on it yet.
Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

BrunoBRS

...what ideas? seriously, as far as i know, "it exists" is all we have on it yet.

It'll be more different from that dated 8-year old game A.K.A WoW than Guild Wars 2 is.

I am not saying GW2 is a bad game, because it's a damn good game. It' just that Titan, according to some speculations, will be revolutionary. It will be truly next-gen MMO.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

Ravenshout

It'll be more different from that dated 8-year old game A.K.A WoW than Guild Wars 2 is.

I am not saying GW2 is a bad game, because it's a damn good game. It' just that Titan, according to some speculations, will be revolutionary. It will be truly next-gen MMO.

speculations based on what? looking at blizzard's history, they're not very good at "revolutionizing". they make great games, but never revolutionary games. also lol "based on my speculations, the next GW2 expansion will kill console gaming with its revolutionary 'pay gamers per hour and still profit' system"