UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

It's hilarious seeing all the videos on tiktok of Xbox owners begging for the game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

This game has so much freedom and Merica that it will convert everyone into voting for Trump.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

More servers wooo!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

@uitravioience said:

It's hilarious seeing all the videos on tiktok of Xbox owners begging for the game.

The port begging started from the top now it's working its way down.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1411 Posts

@hardwenzen:That doesn't read well thought through. How immersion breaking was it for you to see FromSoft hasn't modernized character animation much since DemonSouls? When comparing the two, HD2 must be looking Quadrupel-A-esque.

If the running and walking in HD2 is super-floaty, then what is that?

Loading Video...

Hyper-mega-ultra-floating?

At least you're not complaining about the lack of dodge roll.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 palasta

@hardwenzen: btw. did you die in the tutorial?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22974 Posts

Servers seem down on steam. I'm getting a player count of zero.... I instead played helldivers 1 for a while and good God that game is so prime.... Feel bad for those of you just jumping in now without having played the first game. It's equally as good as 2.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#58 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

@TheEroica: I think the steam top player count yesterday was 333,000, all time peak. Then another 300,000 on PS. Developers are saying Pc and PS sales are 1:1 with over 1 million sold.

Makes me wonder if the servers had more capacity if the peak would get close to 1 million

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 281 Posts

I've read tons of comments about crashes, failure to match players, glitches and bugs from all over the net, and even if that wasn't the case it's still just a repetitive loop co op game with limited content. Reviews like this just proves that these archaic websites are nothing more than industry shilling agents.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hardwenzen  Online

@palasta said:

@hardwenzen: btw. did you die in the tutorial?

Nah, and assume i was supposed to die in the turrets part? And was i supposed to lol? If there's an unlockable, i want to die!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hardwenzen  Online
@shadyacshuns said:

I've read tons of comments about crashes, failure to match players, glitches and bugs from all over the net, and even if that wasn't the case it's still just a repetitive loop co op game with limited content. Reviews like this just proves that these archaic websites are nothing more than industry shilling agents.

Its just like L4D when it comes to gameplay. Was it so damn repetitive that you'd consider it as a shit game?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hardwenzen  Online
@palasta said:

@hardwenzen:That doesn't read well thought through. How immersion breaking was it for you to see FromSoft hasn't modernized character animation much since DemonSouls? When comparing the two, HD2 must be looking Quadrupel-A-esque.

If the running and walking in HD2 is super-floaty, then what is that?

Loading Video...

Hyper-mega-ultra-floating?

At least you're not complaining about the lack of dodge roll.

With Fromsoft, you just accept what's given because they deliver on everything other developers don't (level design, art direction, enemies variety, boss fights, etc, etc, etc). Also, the animations in fromsoft titles are not bad at all, nor are they floaty, so it has never bothered me (well that's not true. before playing Demon's Souls, i used to troll the game because of how goofy the roll animation looked lul). And the dolphin dive IS the dodge roll🙃I am spamming the shit outta it.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 palasta

@TheEroica said:

Servers seem down on steam. I'm getting a player count of zero.... I instead played helldivers 1 for a while and good God that game is so prime.... Feel bad for those of you just jumping in now without having played the first game. It's equally as good as 2.

The zero player count was done by the developers forwhatever reason.

The success of HD2 seems to fuel HD1 player count. I guess it made many aware of the first game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hardwenzen  Online

Been playing it solo cuz the online is dead, and on Challenging solo is becoming pretty sweaty.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@uitravioience said:

The port begging started from the top now it's working its way down.

Petition is over 12k signatures now for Helldivers 2 to release on Xbox

https://www.change.org/p/bring-helldivers-2-to-xbox-fans-await-thrilling-co-op-action

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hardwenzen  Online

I know for a fact @dabear signed the petition, made another account, and signed it for a second time. Literally desperate, but he will NEVER play a game of this caliber on his console. Instead, his live service is Redfall and Sea of Thives🤣

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 palasta

@hardwenzen said:

Been playing it solo cuz the online is dead, and on Challenging solo is becoming pretty sweaty.

I've been playing consistently coop and solo over the weekend. But always waiting time to get in and sometimes connection issues. Usually it takes a couple of minutes. Had some of the best games in the last days.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen  Online

@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:

I've been playing consistently coop and solo over the weekend. But always waiting time to get in and sometimes connection issues. Usually it takes a couple of minutes. Had some of the best games in the last days.

I am not connecting at all with anyone. Rebooted the game a bunch of times, and its like a solo game.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts
@mysticaldonut said:

Petition is over 12k signatures now for Helldivers 2 to release on Xbox

https://www.change.org/p/bring-helldivers-2-to-xbox-fans-await-thrilling-co-op-action

Oh shit! Help me, please! I'M DYING! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All that bragging about "ten first party games" (that no one will buy an Xbox for) and they're STILL begging for Sony titles.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#72 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Iv been on the fence with this game, can you make a friends only server on Steam so that you dont have to play with randoms?

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2259 Posts

Just bought the game and spend 40 waiting in queue without getting in, on top of that the match matching system apparently is so broken atm that you can only play with friends! Refunded now but definitely a 9/10 experience!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

@djoffer123 said:

Just bought the game and spend 40 waiting in queue without getting in, on top of that the match matching system apparently is so broken atm that you can only play with friends! Refunded now but definitely a 9/10 experience!

Lol...

@mrbojangles25 warned that it's launch state was worst than darktides.

This is why I'm avoiding for now. Might check it on a sale, the first helldivers was fun. Heard he'll divers 2 is P2W tho with its battle pass

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts
@sargentd said:
@djoffer123 said:

Lol...

@mrbojangles25 warned that it's launch state was worst than darktides.

This is why I'm avoiding for now. Might check it on a sale, the first helldivers was fun. Heard he'll divers 2 is P2W tho with its battle pass

The game is stable now (at least when I can play it), the problem is the server allotments are too few for how many people want to play. Good luck getting in on a weekend! The developer is aware, I just don't know if they (or Sony) have the funds or capability to add server capacity...or if it's a technical issue with the game code itself? I don't know.

As for the battle pass, it's not bad. It's definitely not P2W that is gross hyperbole. It's also a PvE game (developers strictly reinforced that).

So while it might be in a worse state technically than Darktide, the battlepass/MTX system is in a much better state. IIRC everything on the battle pass can be gained just by playing.

Do I regret buying it? No. It's hellllllaaa fun! But if I had not bought it yet, I'd definitely hold off (as you are smart to do!)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mrbojangles25

Developer update:

If anyone is wondering why they might have trouble logging on, it's because the developer capped the max users to 450,000 in order to stabilize servers while they work on increasing the capacity.

Link to article

I mean, optimistically, this is a "good problem" for Arrowhead to have, and while I would be more critical of a AAA publisher fucking up like this, I'm willing to wait a bit more patiently for a smaller developer to sort things out.

Victim of their own success, amirite?!

With that said, it is quite frustrating not being able to use a product you paid good money for. Entitlement is often seen as a negative trait, but objectively speaking I am entitled to play this game and I am unable to play it in about 80% of attempts.

Key takeaways from the article:

Helldivers 2 developer Arrowhead Game Studios has temporarily capped concurrent players to 450,000 to help with server stability as it works to "get the ceiling raised" and fix other issues related to its immensely successful launch.

Arrowhead took to Helldivers 2's Discord to share the news, saying it is "working around the clock" to solve the problems players are running into....

"Hello divers! Earlier tonight we had server related issues with a concurrent player spike," Arrowhead wrote. "This lead to some mission payouts failing, some players being kicked to their ships, or being logged out.

"Our team is working around the clock to solve these issues. While we've been able to mitigte some of the causes, we are still struggling to keep up with the scaling that is needed to accommodate all our Helldivers.

"Therefore, we've had to cap our concurrent players to around 450,000 to further improve server stability. We will continue to work with our partners to get the ceiling raised.

"If you have progression-related issues, please restart the game in order for things to sync back up. Thank you for your continued patience!"

In short, hang in there, Helldivers! Sit back with a warm cup of LiberTEA as the Super Earth and Democracy work their magic

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

Is this proof Day 1 on PC can be very lucrative for Sony?

Is this proof MS day 1 on PC was smart?

Just saying..

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Seems like a lot of US gamers are buying this game. So if you are in the same timezone as US, or a US gamer yourself you will have more difficulties getting in;

But over here as well, I got in at 6pm but by the time it's 8pm, prime time for European gamers, the servers were filled up quite quickly.

I demand COD and Battlefield hand over all their servers at once because nobody is interested in playing that shit anyway.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 R4gn4r0k
@pelvist said:

Iv been on the fence with this game, can you make a friends only server on Steam so that you dont have to play with randoms?

Yeah you can make it private so other people can't matchmake with you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mrbojangles25

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrbojangles25: Seems like a lot of US gamers are buying this game. So if you are in the same timezone as US, or a US gamer yourself you will have more difficulties getting in;

But over here as well, I got in at 6pm but by the time it's 8pm, prime time for European gamers, the servers were filled up quite quickly.

I demand COD and Battlefield hand over all their servers at once because nobody is interested in playing that shit anyway.

Yeah, I tried playing yesterday (Sunday) evening, couldn't get on. Football is over, no one is watching sports Sunday evening, it's winter...people are inside playing games at peak times.

Had no problem playing this morning on Monday around 10AM

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, I tried playing yesterday (Sunday) evening, couldn't get on. Football is over, no one is watching sports Sunday evening, it's winter...people are inside playing games at peak times.

Had no problem playing this morning on Monday around 10AM

Helldivers is all the rage and everyone wants to get on the hype train.

Heck I remember this having 3000 players and even then people couldn't get in because the game wasn't asking for their PSN data correctly.

Ah, those were the days.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Tried to play a game earlier and couldn't get in. Glad they're hiring more devs to work on expanding... Gonna try again tomorrow.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 palasta

I thought player count would go down after the weekend...

• 403,959 players right now
  • 409,367 24-hour peak
  • 409,367 all-time peak 21 hours ago
palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 palasta

Those foggy maps against bugs are really something. When those little ones jump out of the fog right into your face... reminded me of the movie The Mist. Hate that movie.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hardwenzen  Online

Yesterday, for the most of the day, the screen was just black on bootup. Couldn't play at all. Late night i could get in, but you were able to find randoms only for once. When the mission is complete, you had to reboot the game, be stuck in the q, before being able to play in coop again.

And what i've also noticed is that as a level 9, when my team had two level 18's and one 16, it was super boring to the point i quit the session. Its not fun to play the game when you're not having a hard time surviving in Helldivers2. Everything was dying instantly, and it reminded me of Borderlands 2 when you've joined a lobby with people that use modded guns.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 hardwenzen  Online

I bet you @Maroxad wants to play this badly, but his 1070 doesn't allow him to.🤦‍♂️

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

I had pretty much ignored this because it's an MP only game. But i checked out the trailer just randomly and.....awww. Shame it's only MP. I love the setting and humour. I didn't think it was possible to take the piss out of Starship troopers....but here we are :D.

If they ever have a SP campaign in the same setting then i'll definitely check it out. I have 0 interest in MP games though.

C'mon Sony.....do it for Super Earth.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22974 Posts

@osan0 said:

I had pretty much ignored this because it's an MP only game. But i checked out the trailer just randomly and.....awww. Shame it's only MP. I love the setting and humour. I didn't think it was possible to take the piss out of Starship troopers....but here we are :D.

If they ever have a SP campaign in the same setting then i'll definitely check it out. I have 0 interest in MP games though.

C'mon Sony.....do it for Super Earth.

SP would change the flavor of what they've got going.... The Devs choice to focus on gameplay through the frenetic coop experience is what elevates it above the rest.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

I just did a mission solo on Hard, and holy shit i just couldn't extract. There was so much bugs all around me, with 4 of those big armored ones, i haven't seen this much clusterf*ck on my screen in a long time when it comes to video games.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

So now that they see the crazy demand, they will work extra hard to fix their servers. Right?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

This is a decent AA indie for sure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 hardwenzen  Online

@kvallyx said:

One that is better than your flagship title in every single way. Oups.😆

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Robertos  Online
Member since 2023 • 1049 Posts

Am I being trolled someone told me this runs 1080p 50 fps on PS5 performance, and the other mode is like 30 fps barely 4K.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

One that is better than your flagship title in every single way. Oups.😆

This is not better than Gran Turismo 7. Stop.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hardwenzen  Online

The multiplayer is actually working now. Insane.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1410 Posts

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@saint-george said:

Makes sense, too much controller interaction, not enough cinematic movie sequences to suit the bovine brigade. lol :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#99  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts
@SecretPolice said:
@saint-george said:

Makes sense, too much controller interaction, not enough cinematic movie sequences to suit the bovine brigade. lol :P

You make that sound like a joke, but I think it's genuinely true. I've always wondered why good developers making gamey games like Arrowhead or Housemarque are so tied to Sony where people don't like such games. I still think Housemarque should release games like Dead Nation and Alienation on PC, where they'd be properly appreciated.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#100 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

I just did a mission solo on Hard, and holy shit i just couldn't extract. There was so much bugs all around me, with 4 of those big armored ones, i haven't seen this much clusterf*ck on my screen in a long time when it comes to video games.

Just extracted a difficulty 7 mission solo. 😎

You probably know this, but being good at killing the bugs who call for backup before they call for backup helps a lot.