Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

btw haven't seen the tornadoes yet, but meteor shower looks and sounds awesome. Its so pathetic to think that Bioware didn't even think of that when creating Andromeda.

The showers are awesome. They can help thin bugs out but one simple rock can wreck your whole squad.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

So i have been trying a bunch of missions since the patch, and i think nerfing the rail gun as much as they did was very dumb. This game has nothing against armor, if you remove the only thing that did something, you're left with a permanent 5+ chargers and 2+ titans all the damn time. Since the patch, i am also seeing significantly more people that rage quit within the first five minutes. Not a fan of what they've done here.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

So i have been trying a bunch of missions since the patch, and i think nerfing the rail gun as much as they did was very dumb. This game has nothing against armor, if you remove the only thing that did something, you're left with a permanent 5+ chargers and 2+ titans all the damn time. Since the patch, i am also seeing significantly more people that rage quit within the first five minutes. Not a fan of what they've done here.

Flamethrower is OP now but can also nearly one shot you if you use it wrong.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 hardwenzen  Online

@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

It takes about half a canister to kill a single charger, and you have to be in melee range. And it does nothing against titans. Not a fan. And just a few less bullets on the Breaker made the weapon so much more annoying to use. More recoil is fine, and makes sense, but full auto shotty with so little bullets and only 7 mags total is meh. But i hear the Slugger is good now, so i want to try that.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#205  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@lamprey263 said:

This is what you call the anti-Xbox tax, GS has done it before, wait until games functionality improves so you can justify a higher score. Only Sony games and PS exclusives are afforded such consideration. If MS had broken severs on launch they'd have no hesitancy of rushing out some 3-4/10 review.

Anyhow a Sony 9/10 is an MS 6-7/10, when we remove review handicaps, that's a multiplatform 7-8/10. So, so-so.

;)

YUP because halo scored a 9 yet it wasn't finished. game improved after launch.

such crock of %*#! right here. do they give pc special treatment to since its on pc as well?

forza yet gets a 9 to. no game is perfect on release.

helldivers2 is getting praised by users as well even on pc. are they cows to?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 hardwenzen  Online

Usually skip all these season passes, but since i have like 1.2k of the currency from playing the game, will get it for sure.

Loading Video...
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22976 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

It takes about half a canister to kill a single charger, and you have to be in melee range. And it does nothing against titans. Not a fan. And just a few less bullets on the Breaker made the weapon so much more annoying to use. More recoil is fine, and makes sense, but full auto shotty with so little bullets and only 7 mags total is meh. But i hear the Slugger is good now, so i want to try that.

Wait the breaker has been limited? Didn't it already have 7 mags?

Left today with the update downloading. Overall is it a seizmic shift?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 hardwenzen  Online

His QQ is funny, but i do agree on the fact that after the last patch, the game doesn't have proper tools to deal with armored targets.

Loading Video...
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wait the breaker has been limited? Didn't it already have 7 mags?

Left today with the update downloading. Overall is it a seizmic shift?

It did have 7 mags, and it hasn't changed, but you have 21 less bullets because mag capacity was decreased. Now you're just constantly reloading, and running out of ammo almost as quickly as with the machine pistol.

Since the change, Chargers became so annoying that i am having a hard time finding an enemy in another game that triggered me this much🤣

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@hardwenzen: ugh... The charger is already a giant B. Sucks about railgun. I'm one level away from unlocking it.

Very confident they'll get the balance right over time, but looks like some growing pains along the way.

Personally I'd have chosen to keep a few things OP, whether it's the railgun or whatever. They're still in the phase where they want reluctant people to try it be successfull... I'd start bleeding the community tough balancing later on.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:

@hardwenzen: ugh... The charger is already a giant B. Sucks about railgun. I'm one level away from unlocking it.

Very confident they'll get the balance right over time, but looks like some growing pains along the way.

Personally I'd have chosen to keep a few things OP, whether it's the railgun or whatever. They're still in the phase where they want reluctant people to try it be successfull... I'd start bleeding the community tough balancing later on.

They should have taken the more difficult path, and buffed everything that's useless instead of nerfing the few things that are good. But i do agree with the shield nerf, and when it comes to the railgun, the way i would've nerfed it is to make it so it takes three bullets to break chargers leg armor instead of two, and when you pick ammo packs, you get only five bullets per pack instead of the current 10.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1411 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:

They should have taken the more difficult path, and buffed everything that's useless instead of nerfing the few things that are good. But i do agree with the shield nerf, and when it comes to the railgun, the way i would've nerfed it is to make it so it takes three bullets to break chargers leg armor instead of two, and when you pick ammo packs, you get only five bullets per pack instead of the current 10.

Sure. And then the rail noobs take all the supplies. Like supply hoging isn't a problem.

People saying nothing is useful after the nerf should go play Suicide Squad.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 hardwenzen  Online

@palasta said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:

Sure. And then the rail noobs take all the supplies. Like supply hoging isn't a problem.

People saying nothing is useful after the nerf should go play Suicide Squad.

*against armor. And yes, supply hoging would be a thing, so you learn to think of your teammates as well, its a team based game. It would also incentivize for you to scavenge ammo packs that are already on the map. Railgun and the Breaker might've been broken op for lower difficulties, but Helldives that is what's needed to play through that difficulty. As is, people rage quit so much now, and most of the gameplay revolves around running away from a mob of 30+ with a bunch of chargers and titans in it, run into another mob behind you, and you have a sea of bugs all around. Its like being drafted for WW2, and you're there with just a pistol, so good luck to you.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#214 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

Did they think no one would notice?

https://twitter.com/sw_holocron/status/1765583793056842095

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Cool mech design. And if this Chinese CCP owned planet is available, i am gonna be doing nothing but it.

Loading Video...
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Cool mech design. And if this Chinese CCP owned planet is available, i am gonna be doing nothing but it.

Loading Video...

Mechs are definitely gonna be a welcomed addition to the fight.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

And if they are hidden in the environment, that's so much better than them being a stratagem.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

I was originally going to pass on the game when it first came out and it sounded like there were server/lobby issues and trouble getting in to a game but after reading so many positive reviews of the game in this thread I will have to buy it next week. I like the sounds of it being heavily oriented on teamwork. From what I’ve seen it reminds me of gears of war’s Horde mode on multiplayer which I absolutely loved on the 360.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@ratchetclank92 said:

I was originally going to pass on the game when it first came out and it sounded like there were server/lobby issues and trouble getting in to a game but after reading so many positive reviews of the game in this thread I will have to buy it next week. I like the sounds of it being heavily oriented on teamwork. From what I’ve seen it reminds me of gears of war’s Horde mode on multiplayer which I absolutely loved on the 360.

You're gonna love it.....

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

And if they are hidden in the environment, that's so much better than them being a stratagem.

Agree... That is pretty cool. It won't take up a stratagem spot 😎

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

Agree... That is pretty cool. It won't take up a stratagem spot 😎

Not just that, but because they're rare spawns, they can make em op, and a nerf won't be needed because they can't be Rail Gun 2.0 where everyone is using them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#223  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts

@uninspiredcup: wtf. That's lazy. Wonder if Disney gonna sue.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 palasta

@uninspiredcup said:

Did they think no one would notice?

https://twitter.com/sw_holocron/status/1765583793056842095

That's fanmade space nam meme...

@ratchetclank92 said:

It seems, a lot of people are unaware how strong the focus in team coop is in this game. The balance patch was necessary to discourage players from reyling on their usual shooter routine.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 hardwenzen  Online

@ratchetclank92 said:

I used to play a ton of Gears 2 horde mode, and there are similarities, but its much better in every single way.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

Well I just bought and downloaded it, super excited to play after watching so many reviews of it. Unfortunately it keeps saying “an unknown error has occurred” at the title screen, I’m assuming it’s just the servers are too busy (considering it’s a Friday night I’m sure lots of people are logging on) hopefully I can get a game or 2 before bed lol.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

So many crashes and server disconnects since the last update. Ugh...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 hardwenzen  Online

Has been running well on my system since the patch. Its just the constant sub 60fps drops that i am getting on certain planets or during bit fights that are annoying.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Has been running well on my system since the patch. Its just the constant sub 60fps drops that i am getting on certain planets or during bit fights that are annoying.

I read there has been so many patriot drops it's caused server instability. Lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 hardwenzen  Online
Loading Video...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#231 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
Loading Video...

It's a flop. And destroyed by Starfield.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

^^^^^

GOAT Starfield baby!! lol :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

I have had zero successful connections on steam deck for three days. Constant disconnects... I have not been able to maintain a stable game on meridia as of yet. If I'm lucky enough to make it to the planet without disconnection then I lose it almost immediately after playing a few minutes. Frustrating.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Kinda getting tired of youtubers constantly bitching about the game being too hard at the last 3 difficulties. Railgun is still good, flamethrower is good for chargers and recoiless is now pretty good as well. Arrowhead better not be listening to this qq'ers, and just tell em to gtfo back to Challenging difficulty.

Loading Video...
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 hardwenzen  Online

Am i the only one still playing it on SW?😱

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Helll no! I dove a dozen times over the past two days on steam deck. Stability much better and I've played with some great teams of gamers. Just finally unlocked Helldiver 9 and am planning on going through it next. My skills feel like their rounding out nicely.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Helll no! I dove a dozen times over the past two days on steam deck. Stability much better and I've played with some great teams of gamers. Just finally unlocked Helldiver 9 and am planning on going through it next. My skills feel like their rounding out nicely.

WHat's your level?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 hardwenzen  Online

And i love how many stalkers there is now. Ever since they lowered the amount of titans and chargers, there's a sea of smaller bugs. I don't know how the ps5's cpu is handling that.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

WHat's your level?

24.... I just played two rounds of Helldive. Learning what works.... And what doesn't on this difficulty. I always select my load out based off my crew. Turrets are almost useless on this difficulty because you're being swarmed everywhere. Need stopping power. Both crews I played with were dopey. We finished the objectives but too many lives lost to extract. I only died a couple times. They were like Canon fodder.

Pretty amazing how sublime the moment to moment gameplay is on this game. It's gonna be tough to top.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By KvallyX

Game just hit an all time low player count since release. Sounding like it might be a short lived fad.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#242 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5183 Posts

@kvallyx: I mean it's been over a month and there's currently 151,000 people playing it right now on a Tuesday morning.......with a 24hr peak of 290,000 on steam alone. I think it's fine

Like any live service game the population will peak back up when a major update releases, and we keep getting teased with flying terminids and a new alien race (Illuminate) is already being teased.

I would look at suicide squad and skull and bones for examples of failed live service titles. I am interested to see what the core population of Helldivers 2 will be a year from now

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 KvallyX

@Star67 said:

@kvallyx: I mean it's been over a month and there's currently 151,000 people playing it right now on a Tuesday morning.......with a 24hr peak of 290,000 on steam alone. I think it's fine

Like any live service game the population will peak back up when a major update releases, and we keep getting teased with flying terminids and a new alien race (Illuminate) is already being teased.

I would look at suicide squad and skull and bones for examples of failed live service titles. I am interested to see what the core population of Helldivers 2 will be a year from now

I am just looking at the trend compared to the launch and it's dropping every week. But I am sure it's fine. It's a good game. I like it. I just have been trying to finish up Rebirth before I get back to it.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 palasta

@kvallyx said:

Game just hit an all time low player count since release. Sounding like it might be a short lived fad.

Nonsense. The game had a significantly lower player count for a full week after release.

Palworld, from 2.1m down to 100k within 1 1/2 month. That was short lived fad, proving that it was merely a pokemon craze giving this game the player numbers it did.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 KvallyX

@palasta said:
@kvallyx said:

Nonsense. The game had a significantly lower player count for a full week after release.

Palworld, from 2.1m down to 100k within 1 1/2 month. That was short lived fad, proving that it was merely a pokemon craze giving this game the player numbers it did.

If you think Steam is nonsense, that is your prerogative. I am just stating facts. Not sure what Palworld has to do with Helldivers 2 though. But thanks for blowing this off topic.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 palasta

@kvallyx said:
@palasta said:
@kvallyx said:

If you think Steam is nonsense, that is your prerogative. I am just stating facts. Not sure what Palworld has to do with Helldivers 2 though. But thanks for blowing this off topic.

No, you're the nonsense. As always.

As this beautiful graph shows, HD2 had a lower player count for over a week after release.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 KvallyX

@palasta said:
@kvallyx said:
@palasta said:
@kvallyx said:

No, you're the nonsense. As always.

As this beautiful graph shows, HD2 had a lower player count for over a week after release.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

I just fought with three cowards who left me to die on a level 7 match... I saved them so many times and had a great run. Almost done with the main objective and the three of them bail. I want them courtmarshalled and sent to the firing squad!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 hardwenzen  Online

Btw to anyone that has their game freeze and crash, you can't use the arc thrower or even have anyone in your team use it. That thing is bugged and crashes everyone

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Btw to anyone that has their game freeze and crash, you can't use the arc thrower or even have anyone in your team use it. That thing is bugged and crashes everyone

I noticed people like tesla towers all of a sudden. I usually don't want to go within a mile of those things.... Zzzzzap!