Stellar Blade's character looks causing controversy! Which do you prefer?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Stellar Blade's character looks causing controversy! Which do you prefer? (70 votes)

Good looking 24%
Average 1%
Sexy 26%
Realistic 3%
Overystylized/Exaggerated 14%
Ugly 0%
Give me variety! 11%
Dont Care 20%

https://fandomwire.com/i-hope-people-will-look-at-it-as-just-another-fun-action-game-stellar-blade-director-makes-a-sincere-request-to-fans-amid-controversies-around-eves-body/

The controversy around Stellar Blade’s protagonist Eve

It was a pretty standard demo gameplay release, however, the game became the center of controversies after many objected to the protagonist’s body design. They were of the opinion that Eve’s character was designed in a very s*xualized way.

Even though a few fans have appreciated the developers for Eve’s beautiful character design, especially her hair, others felt that her body was designed in an unrealistic manner, which resembles a s*x doll.

Previously, Stellar Blade director Hyung-Tae Kim stated that he isinspired by games such as NIER. Since games like NIER: Automata are known to have stylized and s*xualized female protagonists, many felt that Kim has taken some inspiration from this as well.

“S*x sells; everything doesn’t have to be political ffs”: Stellar Blade Fans Support Hyung-Tae Kim as Eve Controversy Continues

Things became complicated even more when, in a recent interview withGamesRadar, Stellar Blade director Hyung-Tae Kim stated that they have put “special attention” into the design of the back of that game’s playable character, Eve.

Stellar Blade Director makes a request to fans

As the game has garnered the attention of fans due to its controversies, Hyung-Tae Kim recently came out to speak about the controversies surrounding Eve’s character design.

During an interview, Kim was asked whether he was aware that some Western media outlets criticized the portrayal of Eve in Stellar Blade.

To that, he added,

I know that in the West, game characters have to be realistic in many ways and that there are numerous issues involved, such as gender, race, diversity, etc

He also went on to justify Eve’s character design by adding that the game is only an entertainment and cultural work and people should take it that way. Kim also made a sincere request to fans amid all the controversies surrounding Eve by saying,

I hope people will look at it as just another fun action game that has been released

Kim also added during the interview that since several games focus on typical male action scenes, he wanted Stellar Blade to have a different feel, and, therefore introduced Eve as an attractive female as the main character in the game.

PS5 exclusive Stellar Blade has been getting a lot of attention for its main character's looks, which go back to a time when a lot of video game characters were oversylized and exaggerated for the purpose of attention. In recent years, especially in the Western space, a lot of characters have been designed with a more realistic look. What do you think about today's character designs, SW? And which do you prefer?

• 
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@judaspete said:
@onesiphorus said:

Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, etc. are laughing at Westerners on the topic of political correctness and forced conformity to the progressive point-of-view. I thought that Westerners believe in freedom of thought and expression?

Yes. They are rubbing their hands together saying, "The lack of jiggle physics in western games will leave their male population so emasculated, that they will just hand us the world when we demand it. Mwahahaha!"

I dont think this threat is foreign, unfortunately it's domestic

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

When a minority of western games have females that are unattractive, fragile men feel attacked.😂

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1904 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:
@judaspete said:

Not silent. They are loudly proclaiming this is a great thing, and coming up a bunch of objective and very scientific reasons why this definitely makes a bunch of sense. Very immersive.

More like they are full of shit. 😂 "bu buh but the FBI has ~9% black females", meanwhile there is 0% of females in any military operations that look like this in...UNIFORM 🤣

"Teh immersion" "Teh Lore"

well show me soldiers dropping from space in pods to. not saying this is real or even fits the game. its just she is proportioned right for and athletic girl flipping around doing crazy moves which is not possible any ways. fact is its the first time in years we get old school looking female in a game. these games are made for men even though they cater to females.

back in the day they had romantic comedy's for woman and action movies for men. guess what it worked. movies made a ton of money.

this woke cater to all woman no matter what it is.

if the woke is not real how come they are going nuts to change steller blade.

ign france even had to apologize to the director of steller because they gave a review of a 2 just because the way she looks. they pulled the review.

funny how men are shamed for wanting nice looking females.

There's no way you're assuming that the sexist marketing of "all men like action and all women like romcoms" was a great move...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SargentD

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Pedro

@luxuryheart said:

There's no way you're assuming that the sexist marketing of "all men like action and all women like romcoms" was a great move...

He is not assuming, he genuinely believes it is the correct way movies should be made. When a game sports a female that is not designed to be boned, it is an attack on men, civilization and weakening of men.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pedro

@sargentd: The irony is that I mainly play Ivy in Soul Calibur. Pick another angle.😂

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SargentD

@Pedro said:

When a minority of western games have females that are unattractive, fragile men feel attacked.😂

If I have to choose between sexy or muppet.

I'll choose sexy everytime.

Unapologetic about it

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Pedro

@sargentd: I like my characters to make sense in the role that they have been assigned in the game. Ivy is a dumb character design. I enjoy playing her. I like the look but it is dumb and blatantly pandering. See how easy that was.🙃

You didn't deny my comment.😏

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SargentD

@Pedro: People like attractive people in thier entertainment.

This shit isn't new lol

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SargentD

@Pedro said:

@sargentd: The irony is that I mainly play Ivy in Soul Calibur. Pick another angle.😂

Back off bud!!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pedro

@sargentd said:

This shit isn't new lol

Who is arguing to the contrary?🤭

Remember, you folks hate pandering.😏

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SargentD
@Pedro said:
@sargentd said:

This shit isn't new lol

Who is arguing to the contrary?🤭

Remember, you folks hate pandering.😏

Having attractive people in entertainment is pandering??

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro

@sargentd: Yep! Let me help you out. Because "People like attractive people", game developers and media pander to this behavior. See how easy that was? I hope that wasn't too much for you.🤭

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LuxuryHeart

@gifford38 said:
@luxuryheart said:

Don't your anti-woke crowd like Zelda, even though there's a group of women, hello Gerudo women, who ban all men from their village?

omg again its not that anti woke hate woman. we love wonder woman and she comes from an island that does not allow men either.

fact they try to make them more manly and less feminine. then put down men while sap over another woman.

There are plenty of Western devs that make attractive women. In Fortnite, the skins that I own alone...

And these are just the skins that I personally own. If you look on this site and sort by rarity:

https://fortnite.gg/cosmetics?type=outfit They have Bunny Brawler, Isabelle, Rook, Lynx (which was based on Cat Woman), actual Cat Woman, Wonder Woman, Calamity (literally a woman with a tank top and shorts), Chun Li, Cammy, Jennifer Walters (human she-hulk), Rogue, etc.

The Witcher 3 was made by a Western Dev and it won game of the year. Not only did you have the option of courting 2 beautiful women, Yennefer and Triss, and it's laced with sex scenes.

Apex Legends literally released Loba as a character along with Lifeline.

Friday the 13th released a skin pack where every counselor were in swim suits. They had a costume pack where Vanessa was in a skimpy Wonder Woman outfit and Tiffany was in a sexy devil costume. They were planning on releasing a sexy sleep wear battle pass, before they got into a fight over how to handle the IP of Friday and blah blah blah... Lawsuit!

Smite has several sexy gods in their game. Da Ji, Aphrodite, Yemoja, Nu Wa, Neith, Hera, Pele, etc.

League of Legends likely has tons of fanservice skins, because if Smite has them then they have them. Overwatch, Dota, Valorant, etc. There are plenty of Western games that have a plethora of designs. Y'all are just crying over Horizon Zero Dawn for some reason...

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LuxuryHeart
@sargentd said:

Game was DOA from the start...

I've seen Ogres who are more attractive

Well, that's because they tried to make a Hero Shooter in a genre that was dying. Only Team Fortress, Paladins, and Overwatch survived the blood bath.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LuxuryHeart

@Pedro said:

I played Ivy, Talim, Tira, Voldo, Kilik, Seung Mina, and Taki. I liked Ivy's snake sword, because it reminded me of a whip. Aside from Voldo and Talim, I played the above characters for obvious reason...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SargentD
@Pedro said:

@sargentd: Yep! Let me help you out. Because "People like attractive people", game developers and media pander to this behavior. See how easy that was? I hope that wasn't too much for you.🤭

If putting attractive people in entertainment is pandering.. then getting cheese on your pizza is also "pandering" lol..

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9582 Posts

@Pedro: Sure man. This is so deadly serious of a topic and all... lol. Woke shit sucks, but the way someone looks in a game doesn't bother me as long as it isn't just trying to push an agenda and that goes for both extremes. If you need it to be more than that I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@sargentd said:

If putting attractive people in entertainment is pandering.. then getting cheese on your pizza is also "pandering" lol..

If the fact that you are being pandered to makes you uncomfortable so you default to pizza then.🤷🏽‍♂️

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Pedro: Sure man. This is so deadly serious of a topic and all... lol. Woke shit sucks, but the way someone looks in a game doesn't bother me as long as it isn't just trying to push an agenda and that goes for both extremes. If you need it to be more than that I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Again, you do care. Let me break down even further "I care if the look of characters make me feel that a woke agenda is being pushed and that goes for both extremes except the other extreme I am typically silent on."😊

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59185 Posts

Nobody wants to look at Resetera users.

Nice aesthetics enhance a game.

Game journos need to stop trying to force their far-left cult on rational people.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@sargentd said:
@judaspete said:
@onesiphorus said:

Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, etc. are laughing at Westerners on the topic of political correctness and forced conformity to the progressive point-of-view. I thought that Westerners believe in freedom of thought and expression?

Yes. They are rubbing their hands together saying, "The lack of jiggle physics in western games will leave their male population so emasculated, that they will just hand us the world when we demand it. Mwahahaha!"

I dont think this threat is foreign, unfortunately it's domestic

It's interesting how thin the line is between beautiful, and agenda pandering ugly. Look at fable girl. Here we have an AI fix, and it does nothing to change the shape of her face. Just adds some makeup and umm... lightens her skin (there's a can of worms 😂).

I guess Walter's secret formula is something like chicks living in the woods probably don't wear makeup.
I guess Walter's secret formula is something like chicks living in the woods probably don't wear makeup.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 judaspete

@sargentd: "Having attractive people in entertainment is pandering??"

Dude. "Sex sells" is section 1.A of the pandering instruction manual.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SargentD
@judaspete said:

@sargentd: "Having attractive people in entertainment is pandering??"

Dude. "Sex sells" is section 1.A of the pandering instruction manual.

Is it pandering if its universal appeal??

I guess you can say.. "pandering to the masses".

"Doing what's popular"

"Doing what's generally expected"

Sex does sell and so does beauty

I dont consider this pandering, it's giving the people what they want lol..

It's like if im going to make a Hulk movie...

And I'm going to make the Hulk green in the movie...

Am I "pandering" to Hulk fans by doing what's expected??

Who are we pandering to by making ugly people?

3rd wave feminists??

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pedro

@sargentd: You should know that not every gamer is the same. Not every gamer plays games for the same reason. This basic fact undermines your universal claim. This game is pandering to folks like you. You don't like that because you are against pandering. Unfortunately, products such as entertainment ALWAYS pander to some group. You are struggling with the fact(not opinion) that despite being against pandering, the idea that you are in favor of pandering when you are the pandered group. This, is causing you mental stress.😂

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#75 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

I'm not into anime chicks or asian chicks in general but sure, she's hot.

I am sick of the western worlds idea of having beautiful and fit women is some how not possible (hilarious when people say body standards are too high when if you go to any gym or log into IG you can see women looking as good if not better than any animated character)

But I don't let that get in the way of my enjoyment for a game. As some of you may have noticed I (rightfully) praise TLOU2 has one of the best games of all time.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SargentD

@Pedro said:

@sargentd: You should know that not every gamer is the same. Not every gamer plays games for the same reason. This basic fact undermines your universal claim. This game is pandering to folks like you. You don't like that because you are against pandering. Unfortunately, products such as entertainment ALWAYS pander to some group. You are struggling with the fact(not opinion) that despite being against pandering, the idea that you are in favor of pandering when you are the pandered group. This, is causing you mental stress.😂

Everybody likes beauty, that's just human nature. Not just for "folks like me".

Why you white knighting for ugly bitches in games? That's what I don't get lol

Why you upset people want pretty female characters and not busted ones?

Why you against human nature Pedro

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#77 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59185 Posts

@sargentd said:

This is how I imagine 98% of Resetera users.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Pedro

@sargentd: Here is a little factoid, beauty is subjective. Now point to any comment in which I have done any of your silly implications.😂

I understand that you hate the fact you love pandering 🤭

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 judaspete

@sargentd: "I dont consider this pandering, it's giving the people what they want lol.."

Pandering means appealing to someone's base emotions or desires to achieve one's purpose, in this case sex appeal to get money.

"Who are we pandering to by making ugly people?

3rd wave feminists??"

I suppose so, in which case this is actually less pandery since they are not using sexual desire as a tool, and are targeting a smaller group.

Man, that was way more thought than the subject deserves 😂

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 judaspete

Who was Namco pandering to when they made this guy?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts
@judaspete said:

Their player base.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 judaspete

@SOedipus:

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 WitIsWisdom

After getting some time with the demo I can say it pretty much reminds me of something like Wo Long. It's decent, but nothing new or special to me.. I feel that a game like Granblue Fantasy Relink blows this game away. I will likely get the game on sale at some point, but I'm likely going to pass on it as a day 1 and look into SaGa Emerald Beyond, which I also downloaded the demo to but haven't played yet, and my almost guaranteed pick of the month Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes. The later is the only one im nearly sure about as a day 1.

The controversy surrounding Stellar Blade seems hyperinflated to me after trying the game out. Wither way it feels like a slightly above average game but nothing to write home about.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pedro

@WitIsWisdom said:

After getting some time with the demo I can say it pretty much reminds me of something like Wo Long. It's decent, but nothing new or special to me.. I feel that a game like Granblue Fantasy Relink blows this game away. I will likely get the game on sale at some point, but I'm likely going to pass on it as a day 1 and look into SaGa Emerald Beyond, which I also downloaded the demo to but haven't played yet, and my almost guaranteed pick of the month Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes. The later is the only one im nearly sure about as a day 1.

The controversy surrounding Stellar Blade seems hyperinflated to me after trying the game out. Wither way it feels like a slightly above average game but nothing to write home about.

It only feels hyperinflated because it is the internet.😂

So, are you recommending Granblue Fantasy Relink?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#85 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19643 Posts

Eve looks like a typical K-pop singer. If she's unrealistic, then what about all those K-pop girls? A ton of young Western girls idolise K-pop. Yet it's only an issue when a video game character looks like a K-pop girl?

This is just Western liberal imperialism. Asian women are generally thinner than Western women. It is what it is. Stop trying to impose Western standards on another culture.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@judaspete said:

Birdie from Street Fighter knockoff?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Pedro
@Jag85 said:

Eve looks like a typical K-pop singer. If she's unrealistic, then what about all those K-pop girls? A ton of young Western girls idolise K-pop. Yet it's only an issue when a video game character looks like a K-pop girl?

This is just Western liberal imperialism. Asian women are generally thinner than Western women. It is what it is. Stop trying to impose Western standards on another culture.

Female kpop singers don't have the body that this chick has. It is disingenuous to claim that the typical k-pop singer looks like this body wise. A ton of western girls idolize the men, the not the women. I am not sure where you are getting the impression to the contrary. Taylor Swift is the biggest female artist in the west with a majority female audience.How many times have there been an issue with video game characters looking like k-pop girl?🤔

Western liberal imperialism?😂

Who is imposing western standards on another culture?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Pedro: Yes, I absolutely suggest Granblue Fantasy Relink it was my personal GOTY before I played Unicorn Overlord, which in my opinion is a fantastic game and will take something spectacular to knock it from that spot.

Either way it's still sitting at number 2 for me this year even after the additions of Dragons Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin, MLB The Show 24, Helldivers 2, and The Outlast Trials.

I'll probably be adding Hundred Heroes this month, and I've decided to keep a list of all games I purchase and beat this year and try to put them in order of personal to least favorite, so things can definitely change.

Relink is a damn good game with fast and varied combat and many unlockable characters you can get through gameplay and without mtx which is pretty rare these days. Beautiful cell shaded graphics, towns that feel alive, the music and audio is on point, the writing is clever and funny at times, unlockable weapons and color sets, crafting, and it has coop multiplayer on the side if you want to dip your toes into that venture.. although you don't have to. Couple all that with a future road map with a ton of free new content being released every couple weeks including new characters and raids and it is the type of game that everyone has been asking for but many don't know about and it doesn't get nearly the credit it deserves.

I'll be passing on Stellar Blade for now, but it isn't a bad game. From what I've played I'd give it around a 7 and give Relink around a 9. It's true.. the internet isn't exactly the pinnacle of the actual sentiment reflected in every day life, it just sickens me to see some games fly under the radar while others are placed on a pedestal for all the wrong reasons.

The internet makes or breaks games these days and I want great games like Relink to shine, just as I do Unicorn Overlord, but last I checked it is doing pretty well for itself thankfully and they are gauging the interest in a sequel which would be another easy day 1 for me unless they change something drastically.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Pedro
@WitIsWisdom said:

@Pedro: Yes, I absolutely suggest Granblue Fantasy Relink it was my personal GOTY before I played Unicorn Overlord, which in my opinion is a fantastic game and will take something spectacular to knock it from that spot.

Either way it's still sitting at number 2 for me this year even after the additions of Dragons Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin, MLB The Show 24, Helldivers 2, and The Outlast Trials.

I'll probably be adding Hundred Heroes this month, and I've decided to keep a list of all games I purchase and beat this year and try to put them in order of personal to least favorite, so things can definitely change. Either way it's a damn good game with fast and varied combat and many unlockable characters you can get through gameplay and without mtx.

I will have to give it a shot over the summer. I have not heard of Hundred Heroes. Will check it out.

EDIT: I know Hundred Heroes just I know it as Eiyuden Chronicles. It is on Gamepass and I will be checking that out.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 707 Posts

I find it odd that people even speak about it so much. It's basically traditional for asian developers to make over sexualized female characters. I mean, if they look like they are already past puberty, it means they have made an effort to be decent.

Nier automata looked more fanservicy, they used to really focus on the butt of the main protagonist when going up a ladder. It was very obvious they were trying to please straight men.

Here from what I have seen it's not to that level.

Either way the controversy will probably help their sales.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Pedro: That's right, I forgot they would probably release it on Gamepass. I suppose I could just play it there... I wasn't a huge fan of the other Eiyuden Chronicles game, but Hundred Heroes looks a lot more like a classic turn based RPG instead of a side scrolling action RPG and now I wish I would have played through the first game more to get to know the cast a bit better since I'm pretty sure they are in the same universe and spotlighting a lot of the same characters.

It gives me Breath of Fire or Chrono Trigger vibes.. which is never a bad thing. I know it's more a take on Suikoden (basically a spiritual successor) though, and that's not a bad thing either by any means. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere they used the first game to help get the funding for this larger and more ambitious project, so I'm really hoping it's everything I'm looking for in what is perhaps the start of a new franchise.

I'm trying not to watch too much about it, but from what I've seen it looks every bit as high quality as other recent turn based RPGs of a similar style akin to that of Octopath Traveller, which once again is a good thing.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LuxuryHeart

@Pedro said:
@Jag85 said:

Female kpop singers don't have the body that this chick has. It is disingenuous to claim that the typical k-pop singer looks like this body wise. A ton of western girls idolize the men, the not the women. I am not sure where you are getting the impression to the contrary. Taylor Swift is the biggest female artist in the west with a majority female audience.How many times have there been an issue with video game characters looking like k-pop girl?🤔

Western liberal imperialism?😂

Who is imposing western standards on another culture?

Beyonce is also super popular, and so is Rihanna. Both of them are attractive, and women love them. Euphoria is a popular show as well, and the main audience is women. The games that I play, where I've been spamming attractive women from those games, were made by Liberal devs and have a Liberal audience. There's a weird stereotype going around that Liberals dislike sex and porn, and that were prudes. Far from it!

Ironically, in the games I play, the biggest prudes are the more conservative men. Though they're hypocritical with it. They don't like the pansexual man being shirtless and having a skin that emphasizes his butt and thighs. When a woman has a skimpy skin, then they don't care. They'll buy the skin and talk about how hot she is. A pansexual man gets a skimpy skin, and they talk about how the game isn't a porn game. It's actually bizarre.

A lot of them also hate the idea of a hot elf woman being a lesbian, so they keep trying to ship her with other men. Now, these same men will get annoyed when people headcanon a guy as gay/bi. "Stop changing people's sexuality!" until it's a hot lesbian. Then that hot lesbian is bi because, and a guy actually said this disgusting shit, "her ass is too good to only belong to women."

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61520 Posts

This is a healthy thread...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Pedro

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Pedro: That's right, I forgot they would probably release it on Gamepass. I suppose I could just play it there... I wasn't a huge fan of the other Eiyuden Chronicles game, but Hundred Heroes looks a lot more like a classic turn based RPG instead of a side scrolling action RPG and now I wish I would have played through the first game more to get to know the cast a bit better since I'm pretty sure they are in the same universe and spotlighting a lot of the same characters.

It gives me Breath of Fire or Chrono Trigger vibes.. which is never a bad thing. I know it's more a take on Suikoden (basically a spiritual successor) though, and that's not a bad thing either by any means. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere they used the first game to help get the funding for this larger and more ambitious project, so I'm really hoping it's everything I'm looking for in what is perhaps the start of a new franchise.

I'm trying not to watch too much about it, but from what I've seen it looks every bit as high quality as other recent turn based RPGs of a similar style akin to that of Octopath Traveller, which once again is a good thing.

I didn't like Octopath but I am hoping this game resonate with the old school flavor.

@luxuryheart said:

Beyonce is also super popular, and so is Rihanna. Both of them are attractive, and women love them. Euphoria is a popular show as well, and the main audience is women. The games that I play, where I've been spamming attractive women from those games, were made by Liberal devs and have a Liberal audience. There's a weird stereotype going around that Liberals dislike sex and porn, and that were prudes. Far from it!

Ironically, in the games I play, the biggest prudes are the more conservative men. Though they're hypocritical with it. They don't like the pansexual man being shirtless and having a skin that emphasizes his butt and thighs. When a woman has a skimpy skin, then they don't care. They'll buy the skin and talk about how hot she is. A pansexual man gets a skimpy skin, and they talk about how the game isn't a porn game. It's actually bizarre.

A lot of them also hate the idea of a hot elf woman being a lesbian, so they keep trying to ship her with other men. Now, these same men will get annoyed when people headcanon a guy as gay/bi. "Stop changing people's sexuality!" until it's a hot lesbian. Then that hot lesbian is bi because, and a guy actually said this disgusting shit, "her ass is too good to only belong to women."

These folks are out of touch. They live in an alternate reality. Facts don't matter. Western devs only create ugly women. Liberals want only ugly women. Western developers are waging war against white men. And Western Liberal Imperialism is on a crusade. None of it is true but you really can't reason with folks who sub to such nonsense.

Now, what I genuinely don't get is why female artist are so heavily sexualize despite the fact that their main audience are women, followed by gay men, then straight men. The females make up the absolute majority. Is it a "That boots look cute on her, I want it" kind of deal?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

I honestly don't care at this point.

I'm convinced developers just need to make the characters they want and let the folks decide. If there is any controversy, just don't acknowledge it. The only way to win is to not play lol.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SargentD
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

This is how I imagine 98% of Resetera users.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#97  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19643 Posts
@Pedro said:

Female kpop singers don't have the body that this chick has.

The chick's body is literally based on a real-life Korean model:

Stellar Blade's Protagonist's Body Is Based on This Real-World Korean Model

A ton of western girls idolize the men, the not the women.

Millions of Western Gen Z girls idolize female K-pop singers and K-drama actresses, and are trying to imitate Korean female beauty standards.

K-beauty: The rise of Korean make-up in the West

Taylor Swift is the biggest female artist in the west with a majority female audience.

Taylor's female fanbase is a bit older (mostly Millennial) than K-pop's female fanbase (mostly Gen Z).

Taylor Swift avid fan demographics, according to a Morning Consult poll

Western liberal imperialism?

It can variously refer to liberal colonialism, liberal racism, colonial feminism, white saviour syndrome, liberal interventionism, liberal warmongering, etc.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 707 Posts

@mrbojangles25: don't you think it's odd though, I mean it's so common among japanese games.

Why focus on this one so much ? Is it because it's korean?

This Has been happening since the SNES era and looks like a fabricated controversy.

If you think about all media benefits from this regardless of their political affiliation, but at the end of the day, we are discussing about something that is no different from either the early 90s or 2 years ago.

I don't get it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By judaspete

@nirgal: The focus was intentionally fostered, at least it comes off that way. Early marketing was all about the character and how they digitized just the body, but not the face, of a real live woman to create her. We got a video about unlockable skins before we saw any real gameplay. Then they sat back and let the Internet have at it.

Pretty smart actually.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Pedro
@Jag85 said:
@Pedro said:

Female kpop singers don't have the body that this chick has.

1.The chick's body is literally based on a real-life Korean model:

Stellar Blade's Protagonist's Body Is Based on This Real-World Korean Model

A ton of western girls idolize the men, the not the women.

2.Millions of Western Gen Z girls idolize female K-pop singers and K-drama actresses, and are trying to imitate Korean female beauty standards.

K-beauty: The rise of Korean make-up in the West

Taylor Swift is the biggest female artist in the west with a majority female audience.

3.Taylor's female fanbase is a bit older (mostly Millennial) than K-pop's female fanbase (mostly Gen Z).

Taylor Swift avid fan demographics, according to a Morning Consult poll

Western liberal imperialism?

4.It can variously refer to liberal colonialism, liberal racism, colonial feminism, white saviour syndrome, liberal interventionism, liberal warmongering, etc.

1.So you went from her being like the typical Kpop star (which she is FACTUALLY not) to an enhanced Korean model.😂 "Eve looks like a typical K-pop singer."🤭

2. Did you read your link? It is focused on MAKE UP.😂 Not a single female Kpop was mentioned. But the most popular Kpop boy band was mentioned.

3. Doesn't change what I stated.

4. Random insertion of "Western liberal imperialism" just cause. Man, folks like you are all over the place. Throw everything and hope something sticks strategy.