hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#752 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39033 Posts

@clockworkbanana: When you look at the first picture, it looks very impressive, but then when you click on it, and see it full screen, those outdated assets from 2013 are showing real quick.

Avatar image for clockworkbanana
ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#753  Edited By ClockWorkBanana
Member since 2022 • 257 Posts

Cyberpunk might just be my favorite game ever. It's basically an open world Deus Ex Human Revolution (gameplay wise) with RDR2 tier story telling. It's fucking amazing, and I haven't even started Phantom Liberty yet. I just wish the overworld was more grittier. Also aside from a boss getting frozen in place, my playthrough has been surprisingly bug free

That's some preem lighting

Finished my first playthrough, holy **** those endings. I chose Songbirds route, shot Reed, blocked out Johnny at the end and accepted Hanakos offer, but refused to sign the Secure Your Soul contract at the end

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11799 Posts

Finished Gungrave GORE and Sonic Campaign in Sonic Adventure. Gungrave Gore is a really fun game. calling it devil may cry with guns doesn't do it justice.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3229 Posts

Playing more of Resident Evil Village. Finished both the castle and the doll house levels now.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756  Edited By AcidTango

I'm also playing more of Resident Evil 4 remake as well. I'm in the castle part of the game too. I have to give credit to Capcom. They do a great job on designing castles in their games.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2428 Posts

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

@warm_gun I'd kill for a Last Guardian PC port

Started a new playthrough as a Fem V so I can romance Judy lol. Also installed the "Night City Alive" mod that adds roaming gang members to the streets, it's awesome. There's also a police mod by the same guy that makes it feel like the police force can barely control the city. Aaand there's a mod that disables wind for trees to prevent the ugly black shadow bug until CDPR fixes raytraced lighting. And yeah this is officially my fav game ever. The story, lore, characters, gameplay (stealth netrunner build), gun combat, music, it's incredible.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759  Edited By Warm_Gun
@clockworkbanana said:

Sony probably doesn't have enough people anymore who can understand the code and port it, having deprived and dismantled their entire Japanese developer division (SCEJ) in two generations (PS3 and mostly PS4). Notice how they are porting everything but their Japanese games. Only reason The Last Guardian was even released was because of how early it was greenlit and how much attention it got. I have no idea how people can still respect the game side of the company. Maybe in a few years we can emulate The Last Guardian at the resolution and framerate it deserves.

Looks far better in HDR, by the way. The light on the beast's feathers and the stones has such warmth in HDR.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#760 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15934 Posts
@warm_gun said:
@clockworkbanana said:

Sony probably doesn't have enough people anymore who can understand the code and port it, having dismantled their entire Japanese developer division (SCEJ) in two generations (PS3 and mostly PS4). Notice how they are porting everything but their Japanese games. I have no idea how people can still respect the game side of the company. Maybe in a few years we can emulate The Last Guardian at the resolution and framerate it deserves.

Looks far better in HDR, by the way. The light on the beast's feathers and the stones has such warmth in HDR.

It runs incredible on PS5 if you have the physical 1.0 version. 60fps locked goodness.

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762  Edited By PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1247 Posts

@clockworkbanana: Cyberpunk 2077 is really eyegasm.

Anyway, tried replaying Arkham Knight. I forgot how good looking this game is despite being like 9 years old. Physics and destruction is amazing too. More games need those.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#763  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34645 Posts

Met one of these in Helldivers 2 yesterday.

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

@Litchie I wanna check that out but my friend refuses to upgrade from his RX560. The FFXIV graphical update will force him too though

@sakaixx Yeah it looks great. I dunno how anyone can think Alan Wake 2 looks better than Cyberpunk. I'm using a weather mod in these screens though. It's good for screenshots but I dont recommend it for a playthrough, it has some issues.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#765 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15934 Posts

@clockworkbanana: Holishit those screenshots looks good.

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

Last few Cyberpunk screenshots, sorry for the spam. I just finished Reeds path (King Of Pentacles ending). I don't even know what to say anymore. Just when I think the game peaked, it gets better and better. This is the only game where I've actually cared about my custom created character, and I've played FF14 since 1.0

What a masterpiece

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767  Edited By Litchie
@clockworkbanana said:

@Litchie I wanna check that out but my friend refuses to upgrade from his RX560. The FFXIV graphical update will force him too though

lol. Well, as long as money don't grow on trees, I don't blame him/her. Hopefully they'll bite the bullet soon though, Helldivers 2 is great fun.

Your CP2077 screens look insane dude. I think most here enjoys them, no need to apologize. :P

Some more Helldivers:

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768  Edited By Warm_Gun

A few moments in The Legend of Zelda: The Missing Link impressed me with their cleverness, outside the box thinking that Nintendo would never dare implement. My brother and I abused quicksaves on the last boss. Couldn't have beaten it in reasonable time even with milk from the cow. The designer just showing off at that point, wanting it to be hardcore.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769  Edited By NoodleFighter

@clockworkbanana: Those Cyberpunk screenshots are just orgasmic. Man, Batman Arkham Knight still looks like it could easily pass for a game released in recent years. I was so disappointed in Rocksteady that SSKTJL is barely visually better in some cases and worse in others and has worse optimization.

Anyway, I played some of the demos from the Steam Next Fest this month on my Legion Go. I regret only taking a look near the end because, so I saw so many games, I was interested in trying.

I am definitely getting #Blud on release. I love the art style, animation and the characters. The game is inspired by cartoons from the 90s and early 2000s with some character designs too on the nose. Love that the character dialogue voices are the gibberish you hear on phones in cartoons like SpongeBob or adults talking in Peanuts/Charlie Brown.

Realm Of Ink is addicting. I haven't played Hades, which is what inspired this game, but I can see why the game was so successful.

Astral Awakening is alright.

I am gonna pass on Xearz. The game suffers from poor performance and it doesn't really have any gameplay to keep me hooked.

Ruindog is also a pass. I liked the 2D art but the game is similar to Xearz in having horrible performance. Also the developers clearly didn't adjust the UI to fit English language since the spacing was made with Chinese in mind which makes it hard to read some things because it goes off screen from being long lines of text or being covered by another item on screen.

Mullet Mad Jack is also addicting but also frustrating. It is very frustrating at first but once you get familar with the perks and weapons you can breeze through each set of 10 levels untils you start the new set. I love the anime and 80s Miami aesthetic. It feels like I am playing a First Person Hotline Miami.

I was lured into Astral Party because of the anime booba but I actually like it as a board/card game. Rules are simple enough and it is visually engaging outside of the waifus.

Dungeon Stalkers is okay.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770  Edited By Warm_Gun

Still playing The Last Guardian. I don't understand why the PlayStation 4 file transfers over USB are so slow. Just moving thirty images takes an hour! Also wanna move a video highlighting how unresponsive the beast's AI is at times, which will take even longer. They made the slit for USB devices so thin that almost any stick will need to be squeezed in (since they almost all come with those plastic protectors that slide back). I have the slim model. Not sure how narrow the slit is on the original and Pro.

Edit: Okay, not nearly that long, but still pretty bad.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771  Edited By NoodleFighter

All the talk about Suicide Squad and the Tomb Raider Trilogy remaster got me in the mood to play some similar games. Marvel's Avengers and Tomb Raider: Legend. Marvel's Avengers is actually a decent game underneath all the GaaS garbage. Every character plays different from one another on a meaningful level. Story for the main campaign is serviceable. This game really could have been a huge success if they didn't have the GaaS in it. I am also impressed at well it runs and looks on my Legion Go.

Tomb Raider: Legend is fun. I never played the older Tomb Raider games before so seeing a Lara Croft that isn't whiny and having a breakdown over killing in self-defense is refreshing. Graphics look great for a PS2 era game. I love the soundtrack too. The controls do piss me off sometimes and considering how janky the original trilogy is I can't see myself playing them.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772  Edited By AcidTango

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

Working on removing all the low quality non important NPC voice acting from the FF7 Echo-S mod (main cast sounds great imo) so my dyslexic bro can finally play the OG FF7. Was hoping he could experience it via Remake but they butchered it in both tone and story, so this is the only way he can experience it now.

I wish the remake kept the OGs aesthetics

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By Litchie

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 AcidTango

More Resident Evil Village and 4 Remake

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777  Edited By AcidTango

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

Replaying Dragons Dogma before 2 releases

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779  Edited By NoodleFighter

Finished Tomb Raider: Legend. Finished Resident Evil 2 as Leon. Finished Resident Evil 1 as Jill. Will definitely immediately play RE2 again as Claire.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780 Warm_Gun

Sonic Tripe Trouble 16-bit

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

I think I'm gonna play at 4k 30fps. Performance at 1440p is all over the place (40-60fps). Looks great though

I tried to make Jack from Legend lol

The atmosphere is so ethereal, reminds me of Oblivion

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782 AcidTango

Still playing both RE Village and 4 Remake

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783  Edited By AcidTango

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

@AcidTango Loved the Island section in RE4 Remake. So good

I love how you can tackle small enemies and pin them to the ground

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

Last Dragons Dogma 2 screens. Not posting anymore past this point due to spoilers. But lets just say the ending lives up to the originals ending (It's even better imo)

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#787  Edited By AcidTango

I finally beaten Resident Evil Village and 4 Remake few days ago. Overall both are good games but Resident Evil 4 Remake is way better than Village in my opinion. I might try out both dlc for them later.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#788  Edited By AcidTango

Resident Evil 4 Remake

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

Playing the classic Fallouts for the first time. Incredible games

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790 Warm_Gun

First time in maybe 13 years. I only wanted enough footage for a point I was making, but ended up completing Mumbo's Mountain again (in twenty minutes, with little memory of where anything was). Really appreciate that you can keep collecting and aren't taken out as soon as you find a puzzle piece like in Mario 64 with the stars.

Never got into Banjo Tooie. Maybe some day.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791 Warm_Gun

Wonder if it inspired Shrek.

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

Playing some New Vegas with the Viva New Vegas fixes, so good

No Vac... No Vacancy... Novac, genius

Oh shit look who it is

Maybe I shoulda played Fallout 3 first... how is 3 suppose to follow this? Still on the fence on whether I should just skip Bethesdas Fallouts, although I'm really curious to see the direction Bethesda took the story in. But if this is the quality of writing, I think I'll pass:

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#793  Edited By Warm_Gun

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794  Edited By Warm_Gun

Hard to believe Craig was Bond my entire adult life.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#795 Warm_Gun

I can't even remember the last expensive action game that had simultaneous face button presses for additional actions, like in Streets of Rage. The diamond arrangement of modern controllers would allow easy presses of the top + right and bottom + left face buttons.

X + Y = throwing attack

A + Y = counter

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#796 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@warm_gun: Everything or Nothing? Loved this on GCN!

ClockWorkBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797  Edited By ClockWorkBanana

Sucks that Goldeneye kind of overshadows all other Bond games. Quantum Of Solace for the Xbox 360 was awesome.

Man, New Vegas is ridiculous. Just finished my first playthrough (NCR ending). Definitely gonna replay it in the future. But for now, it's time to see what the hells happening on the east coast...