PS5 in 2024: No First Party developed AAA exclusives?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#201 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

It is funny to me that people are in here saying "but it is still outselling the Series". Nobody should be wanting the PS5 to be outselling the Series when Sony is on cruise control and MS is making moves to improve their business. We should want MS to start pushing Sony to try harder. I hope the Series starts outselling the PS5 just so it lights a fire under Sony and start announcing some upcoming games and stop doing things which are anti-consumer. Sony has always been amazing at putting out great games, but it seems like they've shifted focus here recently. I would rather have a Jak & Daxter with decent graphics and awesome gameplay than another Last of Us or Horizon game.

I enjoy my PS5, but it is my least played console at the moment. A lot of that is due to Gamepass which I find a much better deal than PS+ which I cancelled in October for the first time since they launched the service on the PS3 due to the substantial price increase with no added benefit and worse games being added monthly.

The PS5 sells due to hype, not merit. Yes, it has some exclusive games, but almost all of them are also available on the PS4. Like I said, it sells due to hype by just being the new PS console. Most of my friends wanted one before they even knew what it was and as a gamer, so did I. I have owned every PS console on launch, and the PS5 is the worst of the PS consoles at this point in the consoles lifecycle.

At least with MS, I know what they have in the works and will be able to day 1 their games with Gamepass.

I am sure I will be called a lemming even though I support any game company offering me what I see as good games. Even though I own more games on my PS1/2/3/4/5 than I do on any other platform including PC. I am a Sony fan, but I am wholly unimpressed with their vision at the moment. I hope it is temporary, but I have never seen them be this silent before.

I'm not sure how you can suggest Sony is in cruise control when they've spent an all time high amount of money on buying game developers to expand their single player, multiplayer and, off-PlayStation offerings on top of an ever expanding lineup of hardware (DualSense Edge, PSVR2, Access controller, Portal etc). You can perhaps say they've been playing it safe so far but, they are absolutely not on cruise control. The PlayStation that will come out of this generation will be *very* different than the one that started it.

More importantly, PS5 is 100% selling on merit. They've been releasing highly rated and, highly sought after games since day one on PS5. Ex. Miles Morales to this very day *still* charts in the top 20 best selling games. They have a stellar lineup of game that helps differentiate itself from its competitors.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22962 Posts

@nnoyinghusband said:

Cows - Bu…bu…Helldivers! (Spoiler, it’s gonna be a 7.5 on MC and after two weeks the player base will collapse).

More money for PS+. More money for a PS5. VR2 flopped. Portal will flop. But here you go, Spiderman 2 should tide you over until some point in 2025 right?

I literally have no reason to turn my PS5 on until 2025 or so.

Helldivers 1 still enjoys wonderful support on PC. I play with a full lobby all the time. I think if helldivers 2 isn't janked by its new perspective can be a long term pc gem like the first game. Not sure if ps people still play helldivers 1. I played it there for years before switching to pc.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#203 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@nnoyinghusband said:

Cows - Bu…bu…Helldivers! (Spoiler, it’s gonna be a 7.5 on MC and after two weeks the player base will collapse).

More money for PS+. More money for a PS5. VR2 flopped. Portal will flop. But here you go, Spiderman 2 should tide you over until some point in 2025 right?

I literally have no reason to turn my PS5 on until 2025 or so.

Helldivers 1 still enjoys wonderful support on PC. I play with a full lobby all the time. I think if helldivers 2 isn't janked by its new perspective can be a long term pc gem like the first game. Not sure if ps people still play helldivers 1. I played it there for years before switching to pc.

Never once has anyone here talked about Helldivers 1.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18825 Posts

@Maroxad: "We are living in a golden age of gaming."

No way this the golden age of gaming. This gen is not even better than the previous 2 gens.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#205  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

With now more confirmation of Wolverine being in 2025, I am afraid 2024 is pretty much just closed down for PS :(

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#206 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70398 Posts

@kvallyx said:

With now more confirmation of Wolverine being in 2025, I am afraid 2024 is pretty much just closed down for PS :(

At least they have PS Plus.🤭

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#207 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Poo cows...

lolol :P

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1345 Posts

They had 10 live service games in production so this is to be expected. Also have the Ps Portal, bungie acquisition, and ps5 refresh and trying to get their own data centers, they don’t have MS money. Sony hasn’t really been on cruise control they’ve just been forced into a more reactive role due to the changes in gaming that they didn’t want to except at first and now have no choice but too play along or get left behind. Now they’re on the process of trying to make PS+ as service better in order to better compete with XBL, GeForce , etc. as a service.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Pedro  Online

@slimdogmilionar: Sony is working on making PS Plus better? That is news to me

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

The good news is with over 5k games that can be played on current gen leading PS5, every gamer is sure to busy having fun, and by golly, that's all that matters!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Pedro  Online

@Heil68: So new games no longer matter.😎

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#212 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@nnoyinghusband: and I don't have a reason to buy a ps5 lol gt7 being on ps4 really makes that decision for me stick to my switch and series x